Looking for people to be on an Amicus Brief

An attorney who is very high caliber reached out looking for people who may want to lend their name to an amicus brief on the closure issues in MA. If you would otherwise be buying guns and/or ammo right now, you fit the bill. You would be named in the brief as individuals on whose behalf the brief was filed. If anyone is interested let me know via PM.

ETA: We are all good on this now. Thanks all who stepped up.

Last edited:
An attorney who is very high caliber reached out looking for people who may want to lend their name to an amicus brief on the closure issues in MA. If you would otherwise be buying guns and/or ammo right now, you fit the bill. You would be named in the brief as individuals on whose behalf the brief was filed. If anyone is interested let me know via DM.
I believe that is all of us. [wave]

What are the parameters around this?

A) Is it only for people who weren’t able to purchase or pick up their first firearm and ammo for self preservation during a national crisis?

B) For anyone that wanted to buy a second, third etc and couldn’t because of the non-essential garbage?

If B, and playing devils advocate, assuming any statements will be sworn, what’s to stop them from saying you already have a (singular) firearm and ammo for it, and some liberal judge just throwing it out?

Please understand I’m not trying to knock this at all, just trying to better understand the process from people smarter than me.

This is an amicus brief. Not a suit. You are basically telling the court, hey, there are more of us out there and you need to pay attention. So B is fine here. B is good here as you are filling in that the harm extends past the plaintiffs in the original case.

This is an amicus brief. Not a suit. You are basically telling the court, hey, there are more of us out there and you need to pay attention. So B is fine here. B is good here as you are filling in that the harm extends past the plaintiffs in the original case.

Thank you. Following and learning.

Glad to hear you got what you needed. If you need anyone else, I’d be happy to lend my name as I’ve been looking for a specific pistol that is MA approved (Gold Cup National Match).

so.. let’s say I definitely wanted to pick up some 9mm and 223. But because everything is shut down I can not do that.

but does this mean I would be called to testify? Taking time off work could be a problem.

so.. let’s say I definitely wanted to pick up some 9mm and 223. But because everything is shut down I can not do that.

but does this mean I would be called to testify? Taking time off work could be a problem.

Amici don't have to:

*Appear before court
*Make any public, oral statements
*Say anything to a judge or a legislature
*Do anything besides write

If you can write, you can write an amicus brief.

Back
Top Bottom