• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for older 4473 form

Quiet

Banned
I'm looking for prior versions of form 4473

I'd be most interested in versions prior to August(?) 2008 version.

Either pdf or scans or pics are fine.

I'm most interested in alterations to questions 11A

Thanks

[laugh2]

Interested in the history of that particular question in light of the Abramski case, but I figure it would be a good thing to have an historical archive to reference for that document.

If you're talking about the "Are you the actual buyer?" question, this question has never changed in recent history. The only thing which may or may not have changed is any of the verbiage that nobody ever reads that printed on the other pages of the form. [laugh]

-Mike

Here's one that's definitely ancient.... this looks like mid 90s? Yellow was the old color... although this might be older than the oldest one I've seen.... there's another yellow version where the questions are all in one "stack".

http://www.njguns.com/4473.htm

Here's one that's definitely ancient.... this looks like mid 90s? Yellow was the old color... although this might be older than the oldest one I've seen.... there's another yellow version where the questions are all in one "stack".

http://www.njguns.com/4473.htm

That's from 10/1998 and it's a good one-- question 9a has none of the "WARNING" verbiage just a see note 1, so sometime between 1998 and 2008 the warning was added to the question itself. Also it says: "Are you the actual buyer" and not "Are you the actual transferee/buyer"

That one is from 10/2001 and it has the warning verbiage in the question itself, but still says "Are you the actual buyer" not "transferee/buyer"

This is good stuff.

So far I have forms with revision dates of:

10/1998
10/2001
08/2008
04/2012

I also have some ATF letters concerning form 4473:

11/04/2008 undated by ATF Open Letter extending the deadline to switch to the new form
Undated ATF Open Letter setting the time to begin using the new form on 07/09/2012

If anyone else has any forms 4473 with different revision dates or ATF letters concerning form 4473 post a link!

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'll trade you my autographed Bill Lee for your 10/1998...
[wink]

billlee.jpg

Just like the government it grows and grows. The first 4473 I filled in was one page, 6 or 7 questions, show my drivers license and I'm out the door with my purchase.

I'll trade you my autographed Bill Lee for your 10/1998...
[wink]

billlee.jpg
DEAL!

About 12 years back I sold my Yaz/Johnny Bench '75 series dual autographed photo. I was never 100% convinced it was authentic, yet I still miss it. It was the only autograph I have ever bought.

(When I sold it I repeatedly voiced my concerns to the buyer that I wasn't sure, but he wanted that pic as much as I had. I hope it was real.)

DEAL!

About 12 years back I sold my Yaz/Johnny Bench '75 series dual autographed photo. I was never 100% convinced it was authentic, yet I still miss it. It was the only autograph I have ever bought.

(When I sold it I repeatedly voiced my concerns to the buyer that I wasn't sure, but he wanted that pic as much as I had. I hope it was real.)

I can sigh Yazz for you!

Back
Top Bottom