Looking for new 9mm pistol product advise.

Don't bother with Glocks, HK, Rugers, or SIG. The only concealed carry you'll ever need is CVA Scout 6.5 Creedmoor! Why? Because 6.5 Creedmoor is the best caliber ever created. That is, until 40 Creedmoor is released.
wm_13324948.jpg

The Shield Plus in 9mm............ with some nice Tru Glo TFX sights (or not). Depends on your intended usage. Or the Glock 19 size M&P 2.0 Compact in 9mm. I got one with the thumb safety (preference). All the M&P's will accept Tru Glo sights. Lot's of hate for M&P's but they work. Check out GunTests.com. They rate the M&P's high all the time. BUT it TRULY is PERSONAL preference. My shields have a better grip purchase for me that the P365's. I had a like new XL and sold it for this reason. Nothing wrong with the Sig. Just me and I have smaller hands..............

Sr9c, as others have said, is a great gun. Owned one but after finding a p365 it seemed much smaller. Am I wrong?

It depends on what you are using your handgun for. I was late to the Sig 365 for carry party. My nephew kept saying you need one. Finally I got one and hated it. Not enough room for my hand. Then I discovered the Wilson combat XL 365 frame for the 365. Now it feels like a totally different animal. For carry in Ma. It's very hard to beat. Until the this 365 with the Wilson Combat XL frame came along, I was quite happy with the Sig 938 for years.
For a home defense handgun the Glock 21 is still hard to beat. 13 Plus one rounds of 45acp are quite persuasive. Two very different handguns for two very different sets of circumstances. Naturally the Glock 21 takes a back seat to the Benelli M1 Super 90 shotgun for home defense though.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of adding a Shadow Systems MR920 rather than starting with a 19 Gen5 MOS and doing the Barbie doll accessory thing.

It depends on what you are using your handgun for. I was late to the Sig 365 for carry party. My nephew kept saying you need one. Finally I got one and hated it. Not enough room for my hand. Then I discovered the Wilson combat XL 365 frame for the 365. Now it feels like a totally different animal. For carry in Ma. It's very hard to beat. Until the this 365 with the Wilson Combat XL frame came along, I was quite happy with the Sig 938 for years.
For a home defense handgun the Glock 21 is still hard to beat. 13 Plus one rounds of 45acp are quite persuasive. Two very different handguns for two very different sets of circumstances. Naturally the Glock 21 takes a back seat to the Benelli M1 Super 90 shotgun for home defense though.
When I got the p365 and shot it I was let down because, as with you, there was not enough room for my hand, and the pinky extended mag didn’t help. I swapped the xl frame on there and just that little bit in grip length made a huge difference to me. You can still use your same holsters, too, you just obviously need xl mags.

I like the 365 and G48 for their size, but I've been carrying a SP2022 because I shoot that way better and don't have to be paranoid about concealment any more.
Wow. I own a 2022, that trigger pull feels like a mile long. The 2022 has by far the worst trigger of any guns I own, including surplus military guns.

Did you replace the trigger?

Although I own P series, my 2022 is my EDC and shall remain it. It is a phenomenal pistol (I prefer hammer over striker), as reliable as any of its metal framed brothers. The trigger is just fine. The mile long pull is only in DA, and it ought to be. The subsequent SA pull is just fine. In a SHTF scenario, I’d have a hard time deciding between my 2022 and my MK25.

Wow. I own a 2022, that trigger pull feels like a mile long. The 2022 has by far the worst trigger of any guns I own, including surplus military guns.

Did you replace the trigger?

No, just a lot of rounds through it. The DA is long and stacks even like a nicely tuned revolver. Single action is almost as good as a 1911. I get stupid accuracy out of the thing. Mine seems to like that federal 150 grain syntech action shooting. I have big hands and long fingers so I guess long trigger pulls don't bother me.

Mossy MC2C.

Slim like a Glock 48, except takes 16 rounds if your a free stater....... the last one I bought cost 275 with factory trigicon night sights brand new in the box.

Very underrated for what you get with it. Optic cut version will cost more.

Why?

I own a G43x and haven't tried the P365.
1) Glock is a safer design. The P365 has a single point of failure for all internal safeties and I began to not trust Sig to make a quality part I could depend on - more on that below.

2) I've started to really dislike Sig as a company. Beta testing on customers, quality control issues left and right, etc. My P365 was a later build date so it was actually reliable but there was always a nagging concern that it was, well, a Sig.

3) I've discovered great value in running very similar setups for everything. Competition, home defense, carry - all are (different) Glocks so they all feel the same, point the same, have the same manual of arms, field strip the same, have almost the same triggers, etc. I always pointed my P365 too low and had to correct, whereas the G43 points anywhere I look.

Back
Top Bottom