• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for new 9mm pistol product advise.

I've shot both. I own both. No comparison IMHO.

Canik all the way!

Certainly YMMV...

:)
A Canik is a lard-ridden school bus compared to a P365 though. They're not really in the same "bracket" other than they both shoot 9mm. Of course a canik will shoot better than a gun that's supposed to be small.

SR9C is a pretty sweet gun. Underrated IMO. I think a Beretta 92fs would be great addition for you and the lady. It’s a pleasure to shoot and is well designed.
SR9C is a dead ended product. Its too bad they never released a "pro" version without the safety and the"pride flag" that comes out of the chamber. 🤣

p365 is a joy to shoot, that is why it is so damn popular. xl or regular one - it is open for discussion, but, as a MA complaint carry gun - it is difficult to object. a lot of people here have one, myself included. and, if you note, i'm not a sig fanboi.

as of a practice target shooting gun - it is not what most would use.
f*** mass compliance (i needed to get that out)

The P365 is likely the best selling handgun model in any state, by volume, for the past 2+ years. Probably also even stronger if you include the X and XL. Then it goes into Glocks and drops from there. Basically anything not a P365, Glock something, or some of the P320s.... sales drop hard after that. Even the menstruation and pee 2.0 is still like 4th fiddle

A Canik is a lard-ridden school bus compared to a P365 though. They're not really in the same "bracket" other than they both shoot 9mm. Of course a canik will shoot better than a gun that's supposed to be small.
Canik SC is 22 ounces, P365 is 18. You make it sound like the Canik is a HiPoint.

Canik SC is 22 ounces, P365 is 18. You make it sound like the Canik is a HiPoint.
Its still a fatheaded lard gun dude. 4oz is a lot.

ETA: it's not a bad gun but lets be realistic here and at least compare apples to apples and not introduce watermelons.

Although an SR9C is pretty lard driven gun too, so there's that.

Its still a fatheaded lard gun dude. 4oz is a lot.

I'd expect it to be heavier. It's the closest to a 365 in terms of size you can get, but it's a sub-compact, whereas the 365 is a micro-compact. You have a longer barrel, more capacity (in free states) with the canik, and an extended mag release. If you were to shrink the Canik down, and go with a standard length mag release, You'd already give back 3 of those 4 ounces. And with the $300 saved, go get your slide milled and be 2 ounces under the Sig.

Just because you can only hold onto 1 lb weights, doesn't mean the rest of us do ;)

I'd expect it to be heavier. It's the closest to a 365 in terms of size you can get, but it's a sub-compact, whereas the 365 is a micro-compact. You have a longer barrel, more capacity (in free states) with the canik, and an extended mag release. If you were to shrink the Canik down, and go with a standard length mag release, You'd already give back 3 of those 4 ounces.
Nothing Canik makes competes in that size class. It's laughable to even compare it.

The lardcanik is more comparable to the OPs gun though, or a P99C, etc, or other lardsub. I will agree on that. His SR9c is larding in at like 23oz.

So there's that.

HK makes the best guns. If you're looking to buy something new and modern tech, get one with an optics ready slide like the VP9OR or VP9SK optics ready models. Or wait for the SFP9CC. Or if you're old school and believe handguns should have hammers, the P30 or P30SK line is fine. Just would have to get the slide custom milled for an optic if that's important to you. If not, you're good to go as is.

+1 @G4Y4HK 100%
AB2BA8A3-D107-4925-B005-F89FEDE9E45C.jpeg

We ever meet, I'mma show you some lard.
Lol I used to carry shit like USP .40 compacts, 45 Compact, and other lard guns like that canik, that weigh more than a Glock 19. 🤣 I'm no stranger to the class. Hell like 15+ yrs ago i used to carry a sig P239, probably one of the most size/capacity/weight ineffecient guns ever. 🤣

Lol I used to carry shit like USP .40 compacts, 45 Compact, and other lard guns like that canik, that weigh more than a Glock 19. 🤣 I'm no stranger to the class. Hell like 15+ yrs ago i used to carry a sig P239, probably one of the most size/capacity/weight ineffecient guns ever. 🤣
I used to carry an hk45c then bought a 365 and wondered what I was thinking before

Hellcat pro.
Accuracy is pretty damn impressive. Shoots well at speed.

I was under $500 otd with 5 mags.
If Springfield made their XD line more like the hellcat they would be immeasurably better guns.....

No love for the P239? I still have it in the rotation. I like the full size controls. Feels and shoots like a larger gun.
My current carry is the Sig P365 XL. Better at everything than any other compact I've owned.
9mm has something for everyone.

Something Sig P320 based. with the serialized fire control unit you can then change just about anything else about it to suit your wants and needs for the foreseeable future. grip frame, barrel, slide, caliber, etc.

I carry a Ruger LC9S and am very happy with it. I have shot it enough to know that it is completely reliable and you barely even know it is there.

Not sure if it is right for you, but it works for me.

Good luck.

Check out the Canik line. The absolute best striker fired pistol trigger on the market IMHO.

Great shooter, and fairly priced.
Along these lines........ Tisas PX-9 gen 3 even more fairly priced, flat faced forward trigger already installed.

Unless your looking for a small pistol, then Canik makes the small mete now.

Last edited:
I have a Canik tp9sf that I used for years in USPSA and IDPA without a failure, very accurate as well.
Moved to a Walther PPG5 Match, but the Canik was as good, minus the extra $$$.
I now have an Elite as well, and my wife has an EliteSC.
No problems with any of them.
Can't go wrong with a Canik.

I carry a Ruger LC9S and am very happy with it. I have shot it enough to know that it is completely reliable and you barely even know it is there.

Not sure if it is right for you, but it works for me.

Good luck.
Try a P365. Same size but might as well be from different planets.

No love for the P239? I still have it in the rotation. I like the full size controls. Feels and shoots like a larger gun.
My current carry is the Sig P365 XL. Better at everything than any other compact I've owned.
9mm has something for everyone.
The P239 is a high quality handgun.

Size/weight efficient, however, it is not.

Something about HK's grip design it grips you just right just like prom night.
I would carry a VP9SK or something, but i point all those guns at the ground, they don't fit my hand properly to induce a grear natural point of aim.

Back
Top Bottom