• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for local shops that have cans of blackpowder

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good shop in the central MA area that sells loose powder at a fair price? I was looking at Hodgdon Triple 7 FFG or Blackhorn 209
I just spun my wheels with the local and online Cabelas- I thought I could have it drop shipped to store, and they'd do the license check. Wrong.
Dick's Sporting Goods getting out of guns completely. Maybe a certain Super Walmart? Leominster?
Cabelas had the Triple 7, one lb. can for $30.99 online, no hazmat fee- but no dice in Mass. No shipping even to a store. Have to take what a merchant has in stock.

Cheers,

Brian

Hunters rendezvous has BP. Call them first.

You can also go to Maine and try these guys and get enough for a while. Or call them and meet them at an event: Home - mainepowderhouse.com

Edit: I just noticed you are not looking for real BP. Don't insult BP like that.

hard to help other than throw names at you without a more specific location. i'm gonna guess you're willing to travel so take a long weekend and head to pennsylvania. a lot of small shops accross the border from ny that would stock it. or the other direction, nh, once you get several miles up from the massachusetts line start googling. of course you need to tote back case lots, a serious drive doesn't cut it for a pound. good luck.

Thanks for the ideas, guys. I know Hunter's Rendezvous. I bought a new, old-stock Thompson Center Black Diamond Millenium 2000 outfit from them with Leupold Scope, the end of last season. I love it.
Have family up in Maine, and I've stopped in the Portland Cabelas and bought blackpowder. They just hand it over to you, from what I recall. I'll check Hunter's too. Thanks.

Depending where you are, Outback Arms in Plympton Ma, Al's in Derry NH , PowderHouse in ME, and theres a few spots in NH I cant recall the name that do Black Powder

Back
Top Bottom