• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for Lawyers that Specialize in firearms and self defense.

Billy2

Instructor
NES Member
All, I teach a basic firearms safety class and I am looking to put together a list of a few names to give out to students. I feel that anyone who carries a gun for defensive purposes should have a few saved in their phones. If there is anyone you know or trust please feel free to post them below.

Thanks

Law Office of J. Steven Foley

Attorney Foley is an ardent supporter of the Second Amendment and is knowledgeable in the area of Massachusetts Firearms Laws. He is a member of the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club, the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL) and a supporter of Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. (COMM2A.ORG). He co-drafted an Amicus Curiae Brief at the request of COMM2A in a controversial license revocation case in the Supreme Judicial Court.

Source: http://www.attorneyfoley.com/firearms-licensing/

There is a difference between the attorney you need for a licensing issue; for a minor issue involving a gun in which nobody got hurt; shooting a K9 that was worrying you; an obvious situation like taking down an axe murder in the process of plying his trade; and a complicated shoot (particularly one where there is a dispute as to the applicability of self defense).

For the later, you do not need a "gun attorney" but an attorney with considerable experience defending major felonies, especially self defense cases involving innocent people (not just gang bangers asserting self defense). The name Kevin Reddington comes to mind. You wouldn't go to him with a routine gun issue, but if you pop somebody in a dicey situation, and can afford a $100K retainer, you probably can't do better. Note that the MD on the cape who shot her husband in self defense chose him and got a decent outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

The choice between Foley and Langer would largely come down to geography. Both are very competent and up to date on gun law.

There is a difference between the attorney you need for a licensing issue; for a minor issue involving a gun in which nobody got hurt; shooting a K9 that was worrying you; an obvious situation like taking down an axe murder in the process of plying his trade; and a complicated shoot (particularly one where there is a dispute as to the applicability of self defense).

For the later, you do not need a "gun attorney" but an attorney with considerable experience defending major felonies, especially self defense cases involving innocent people (not just gang bangers asserting self defense). The name Kevin Reddington comes to mind. You wouldn't go to him with a routine gun issue, but if you pop somebody in a dicey situation, and can afford a $100K retainer, you probably can't do better. Note that the MD on the cape who shot her husband in self defense chose him and got a decent outcome.

This. Jay Carney also comes to mind if you end up involved in a shooting.

Mike

All, I teach a basic firearms safety class and I am looking to put together a list of a few names to give out to students. I feel that anyone who carries a gun for defensive purposes should have a few saved in their phones. If there is anyone you know or trust please feel free to post them below.
Thanks

Depending on the situation, one of the first things the police will do is confiscate your phone. If the event takes place in your home, they may take your computer (for evidence?). One might be better off leaving these numbers with a trusted friend or family member.
They teach this in the NRA Self Defense class.

Back
Top Bottom