Looking for internal diagram for h&a xL44/40 falling block shotgun

mousegunguy

NES Member
So Im trying to rebuild an old H&A xL44/40 falling block take down shotgun and I’m having some difficulties.
I’ve figured out most of it but I think what might be the trigger flat spring seems to be broken as it doesn’t quite reach the trigger, or any moving part.
I’ve been unable to find much actual information on this ole shottie.
If anyone knows where I can find a blow up of the action Id appreciate the guidance.
Even better if someone actually owns a functional h&a falling block I could look inside of that would help me on my way.
Thanks! image.jpg

That's a pretty old piece - I'm pretty sure that back then, diagrams and maps came from the same place, so I'll post a "Here Be Mosters" thing:

1670028141980.png

The cheat I'd use, is try to find the part online, as opposed to a drawing of it, and look at the picture in the listing.

Also, if you can see the "broken" part, it's unlikely that if it's broken, you'll not be able to tell that it is - a break should not look finished (even roughly).

So Im trying to rebuild an old H&A xL44/40 falling block take down shotgun and I’m having some difficulties.
I’ve figured out most of it but I think what might be the trigger flat spring seems to be broken as it doesn’t quite reach the trigger, or any moving part.
I’ve been unable to find much actual information on this ole shottie.
If anyone knows where I can find a blow up of the action Id appreciate the guidance.
Even better if someone actually owns a functional h&a falling block I could look inside of that would help me on my way.
Thanks! View attachment 692601
H&A made a whole lot of falling blocks. They may not be exact but I’m sure you can find more info on a 22 and get an idea of the arrangement.

Back
Top Bottom