Looking for insight on FNS-9

I've had the 509 and 509M back in Mass. I liked them. I've read where the 509 replaced the FNS but am wondering which one of the two do you prefer?
I'm thinking of an all metal 9mm but the FNS is a good deal. Thanks for your input

I think I found my answer on Sammy's post from last month about FN coming out with a striker 45

Run away, no aftermarket support, no easy resolution for hard trigger pulls, etc.

I really wanted to like the FNS-9 but that ended up being a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:
I've had the 509 and 509M back in Mass. I liked them. I've read where the 509 replaced the FNS but am wondering which one of the two do you prefer?
I'm thinking of an all metal 9mm but the FNS is a good deal. Thanks for your input
another butt ugly plastic gun go with the all metal even better a hi power or the like in which you can put custom grips on. wood, leather, steel equals god, guns and guts

another butt ugly plastic gun go with the all metal even better a hi power or the like in which you can put custom grips on. wood, leather, steel equals god, guns and guts

Maybe he doesnt want a piece of lard. I have thousands of dollars worth of "metal" handguns but there is no universe in which a polymer framed handgun isnt imminently more practical in 9 out of 10 use cases.

Maybe he doesnt want a piece of lard. I have thousands of dollars worth of "metal" handguns but there is no universe in which a polymer framed handgun isnt imminently more practical in 9 out of 10 use cases.
don't doubt that plastic is still still butt ugly, a good holster make a heavy gun go away

I grabbed an FNS-9 about 10 years ago for cheap. It's my 'truck gun' now.

It's 'OK' is probably the best endorsement I could give it.

I like FN, but you're not going to find much in the way of support or accessories for it.

don't doubt that plastic is still still butt ugly, a good holster make a heavy gun go away

No, it doesn't. It helps, sure, but you're talking to a guy who actually carried a Colt Delta elite for the better part of a summer once. with a nice stiff belt and a good leather pancake holster. My hip still has PTSD from that summer. [rofl]

Best thing I ever seen though for weight is a shoulder rig. that shit will make most guns seem weightless.

No, it doesn't. It helps, sure, but you're talking to a guy who actually carried a Colt Delta elite for the better part of a summer once. with a nice stiff belt and a good leather pancake holster. My hip still has PTSD from that summer. [rofl]

Best thing I ever seen though for weight is a shoulder rig. that shit will make most guns seem weightless.
i carried a smith 29 4 inch with 12 round shell carrier with a steel lined belt in a simply rugged brand custom holster no problem also a good shoulder rig worked well; 34 waist 6' tall

Back
Top Bottom