• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for info on Danvers, Stougton, Weymouth, Lynnfield and Malden

Comm2A

Director Comm2a
Dealer
NES Member
As some of you know we (Comm2A), GOAL and SAF have an active lawsuit against some towns on licensing delays. As part of that, we want to know how the situation is, at this very moment, in the above 5 towns with regards licensing delays. Can anyone with knowledge post here or PM this account. All info is confidential if not posted publicly.

Is it the town or the FRB? I'm in a Green town and I renewed mine on 10/23 lat year. It took 81 days to get it. My wife sent hers in on 12/21 and she just got it on 3/25. 94 days

I know it is not my town because I talked with the Chief and he was waiting on 80 licenses and renewals.

I called the FRB the first week of March and they told my wife it was going to be 2-3 weeks because they were having "printing issues"

As an FYI the PM option doesn't,t appear to be an option when clicking Comm 2A
Use the icon in your site menu bar,
hit "Start a new conversation",
and enter "Comm2A" as a recipient.

I don't see the issue. I have messages in there.
You're saying that when you click the Comm2A screen name hyperlink
below the Comm2A Seal avatar, that the pop-up dialog box
has a "Start a Private Conversation" button?

Because I'm not seeing it, either.

FRB is pretty f***ed up right now which compounds the issue. My dad is under renewal in a green town where the LO literally sent him a mircs screenshot indicating the ball is in their court. He effectively submitted his renewal in early January (got mircs receipt).

(I know this isn't an "NES Technical Support" thread, but)
explicit props to @andrew1220 for his hypothesis that
@Comm2A's PM problem was their preferences.

I pessimistically assumed it was some obscure thing
related to their Dealer aspect rather than an end-user setting.
However, I didn't lift a cuticle to dig deeper one way or another.

Yet Andrew seemingly delivered.
He rates a coveted ⭐ for being "thorough".

Edit to elide: "seemingly", for great truthiness.

Last edited:
Up for my renewal right now in Weymouth. Sent email on 2/16, and called both officers handling licensing. Officer Chase stated I would hear back "eventually" regarding coming in for payment and filling out form. I'm actually going to give him a call today to follow up. Not due until August. So I intentionally started the process early.

(I know this isn't an "NES Technical Support" thread, but)
explicit props to @andrew1220 for his hypothesis that
@Comm2A's PM problem was their preferences.

I pessimistically assumed it was some obscure thing
related to their Dealer aspect rather than an end-user setting.
However, I didn't lift a cuticle to dig deeper one way or another.

Yet Andrew seemingly delivered.
He rates a coveted ⭐ for being "thorough".
It was the least I could do for everything Comm2a does for us.

My girlfriend recently got her LTC unrestricted from Danvers. Had her initial appt on Jan 11th. Took a few different times of showing up when they told her too but then was turned away due to them only allowing so many people to show up , and then another time they cancelled the night before and said they wouldn’t be doing anymore until after the holidays ( 2 weeks later) She finallt got her appt ( first come first serve have to show up at 8am and get your name on the list - there’s only about 10 spots ) She Went through a quick 5min meeting and was told she would have the card within 4 weeks. Easy enough.

Through out the process she called into the hotline and checked on the status of her LTC many times at the 4, 5 and 6 week mark and they hadn’t even recieved anything yet from DPD. On week 7 or 8 She decided to email DPD inquiring about when and why her LTC hasn’t been submitted and less then a day or two later called the hotline again and oddly enough they finally received it. Not sure if that was a coincidence....From there It went through the printing process pretty quickly and was told it was sent back to Danvers. We showed up once to try and pick it up since she didn’t want to wait a while for it to be mailed , we showed up over a week after it was said to have been sent back and they still said they haven’t received it yet and that it would be mailed once they do.

A Little more time went past and we emailed again inquiring and letting them know that the person we spoke to on the hotline said it was sent back now well over a week ago and that they should have received it by now. We then got an email saying it was already sent out yesterday (March 25th) and she should receive it in a couple days. From there it took another week to get to our mailbox on March 31st. All in all thats almost 3 months. The thing that bothers us is that most of that time was from the app just sitting on a desk and not being submitted in a timely manner. The LTC says it’s was issued on March 4th 2021. My GF doesn’t have much bad to say about the process - DPD were decent to her but they really should try to submit these apps quicker. I feel as if they wait to collect a bunch of them and then submit them all together Vs submitting them as they come in each week. Hope some of this info helps.

Up for my renewal right now in Weymouth. Sent email on 2/16, and called both officers handling licensing. Officer Chase stated I would hear back "eventually" regarding coming in for payment and filling out form. I'm actually going to give him a call today to follow up. Not due until August. So I intentionally started the process ealy

Up for my renewal right now in Weymouth. Sent email on 2/16, and called both officers handling licensing. Officer Chase stated I would hear back "eventually" regarding coming in for payment and filling out form. I'm actually going to give him a call today to follow up. Not due until August. So I intentionally started the process early.
did you ever get any info on weymouth ? or hear back from them? i was told i would hear from them soon then got an email saying that i would need like 6 forms of residency. its been a few months and i still havent heard about coming in for an appointment.

did you ever get any info on weymouth ? or hear back from them? i was told i would hear from them soon then got an email saying that i would need like 6 forms of residency. its been a few months and i still havent heard about coming in for an appointment.
I did. Went in on Thursday night actually. I was the first appt. There was one waiting when I left, 1 coming up the sidewalk, and 1 parking.
Talking with the LO, he is just busy. Of course, if they didn't want your first born to prove you are a resident, then it might be easier. But that is all new, I didn't need all of that last time I applied.

did u have to call them after u got that email saying they needed all the proof of residency stuff ? i was under the impression that i was to get another email with an appointment time. everytime i speak to someone i get different info. and thankyou for the update .

did u have to call them after u got that email saying they needed all the proof of residency stuff ? i was under the impression that i was to get another email with an appointment time. everytime i speak to someone i get different info. and thankyou for the update .
They sent me an email. Reiterated that I bring those items. Said they had an opening and that I needed to respond in order to hold that spot.

Back
Top Bottom