• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for ICOM-706 remote cable

I bought the ICOM backpack for my IC-703 and didn't realize I still need the remote head extension cable for a 706/703. (same cable) Almost all ICOM 706 radios came with a free remote kit if purchased new. If you have one you are not using please let me know! I'll offer you a fair price for it. [grin]

This is what I'm building and only thing left is the cable [smile]
The remote cable is so you can have the radio remote head up front in the little pouch while the transceiver is in the pack on your back with the antenna.

pack1.jpg

inside1.jpg

setup6.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet setup allright. But, whatcha gonna do with it?

Just another Bug Out Bag/Something I have to have. Nothing cooler than being able to walk around and work the world from 6m to 80m with just the pack on your back. I have seen many different styles but I think this one is by far the neatest and cleaneast as well as the most functional. The radio is 10 watts and has DSP, CW and SSB Filters and a built in tuner. Notice the yellow counterpoise/drag wire out the back in the last pic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom