• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for Handyman Contractor for some porch repair - Central MA

I need some porch repair done on a multifamily in Worcester; this would be the front entry porch on a three family home. Some of the floor boards have deteriorated. Would do myself but dont have time and am worried that once I start pulling up the boards I may find that the joist also needs replaced so would rather just hire someone to do it. Not looking to rebuild the porch (hopefully) just want to fix it enough to last a while so I can hopefully put in on the market. I've contacted several handyman type contractors but they are all busy doing big jobs are booked solid into the fall. Hoping some NESers can recommend someone who is good and could get this job done soon. Could be a nice weekend job for someone looking to earn a little extra cash. Thanks.

I've known Corey for 25 years. One of the most professional and honest guys I know

http://www.coreremodelingservices.com/

I don't know how busy he is, but he's central mass and they do stuff like you need (or they use to)

Thanks, I actually contacted CORE Remodeling, they came highly recommended to me from the Worcester Property Owner's Association. Unfortunately, they dont do "handyman" type work anymore, they are strictly remodeling.

My son could do it. He's 25 and available, reliable - shoots -Eagle Scout - PM...

Thanks, I actually contacted CORE Remodeling, they came highly recommended to me from the Worcester Property Owner's Association. Unfortunately, they dont do "handyman" type work anymore, they are strictly remodeling.

My son could do it. He's 25 and available, reliable - shoots -Eagle Scout - PM...

Handymen are illegal in Massachusetts... No contractor supervisor license means no permit means better take out a home equity loan so you can hire a larger contractor with proper government permission to work on YOUR home, who in the end will send poorly trained illegal immigrants to do the actual labor.

Thanks everyone who has replied or PM'd me regarding this thread. Someone who was recommended by a NESer stopped by today to look at the porch and will be doing the work next week. If something comes up and it doesnt work out, I will follow up with the folks who replied or PM'd me.

Thanks again everyone for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom