• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for handgun suggestions

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for suggestions on a new carry handgun. I have the P320c and sc which I really enjoy but I am looking for something thinner and lighter. When wearing gym clothing I usually have the G43 but it is lacking capacity and comfort. I had a Glock 19 GEN4 and everything about was great: very thin, great capacity, light weight but it was not comfortable or well fitting to my hand.

Suggestions? I'd appreciate that no one brings up the drop firing P320.

Thank You all!

Y'know, they say the P320 can drop-fire...

I wish you luck in this thread, but I'll preview the dominant responses:

1. We don't know enough about your preferences to suggest anything;
2. 9mm is better than .45ACP, except when it isn't;
3. You should go to MFS and try out a bunch of guns;
4. Come to my club. I'll let you shoot my Shield;
5. A recommendation based on that particular poster's preferences, having no relationship to your own preferences.

So, yeah. Good luck. Get a 1911.

Y'know, they say the P320 can drop-fire...

I wish you luck in this thread, but I'll preview the dominant responses:

1. We don't know enough about your preferences to suggest anything;
2. 9mm is better than .45ACP, except when it isn't;
3. You should go to MFS and try out a bunch of guns;
4. Come to my club. I'll let you shoot my Shield;
5. A recommendation based on that particular poster's preferences, having no relationship to your own preferences.

So, yeah. Good luck. Get a 1911.
IBTL

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sig p938 is small and thin, but that's got a fairly small capacity and a totally different manual of arms.

Kahr PM9 is similar to the p938, but is more of a pull and squeeze trigger kind of gun. The P9 is a little bigger, but not as big as a G19.

G7

Mic drop

/thread

*typed while lounging in my lazy boy with a shield in an alien gear holster....it may or may not still be on my hip? I can't tell.

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for suggestions on a new carry handgun. I have the P320c and sc which I really enjoy but I am looking for something thinner and lighter. When wearing gym clothing I usually have the G43 but it is lacking capacity and comfort. I had a Glock 19 GEN4 and everything about was great: very thin, great capacity, light weight but it was not comfortable or well fitting to my hand.

Suggestions? I'd appreciate that no one brings up the drop firing P320.

Thank You all!

Can you expand on what you don't like with the G43? It is the smallest gun you have but you question capacity and comfort. If comfort means it is too large than that is inversely proportional to capacity. Easy to run plus 2 extensions in the G43 and either carry in the gun or as a backup.

If comfort is recoil or the size is too small to handle then there are obviously other options. Trying a bunch of things is the best way to figure out what works for you.

I'm a skinny bi-guy barely able to conceal a .22 and hit's X's all day

I'm a big fat hairy ape who loses a 1911 in my jelly roll and can't find my ass with both hands never mind a bullseye.

I have a $300 budget.

Looks like I stirred up a pot, my apologizes for any inconvenience. We can end this thread now. Thanks!

No way, you don't get off that easy. We were just starting to have fun!!

Fish, fish, fish, fish, fish!!

For thinner try Kahr TP9 or CT9. If you like Sig, why not a P239? Single stack 8+1. I'm carrying a Sig P290 9mm with the extended 8 rd mag. Very thin easy to carry. There is always the Keltec P11. At one time it claimed to be the smallest, lightest 9mm holding 10+1.
So many guns, so little money.

If I still had my G43, I'd go with mag extensions from Taran. I don't know about people having feed issues, but my guess would be they just slap on the extension without swapping spring/follower as is called for.

This may not fit your criteria, but I was thinking that if you could have 3 handguns for carry/defense that met a rough small medium large size category, I'd like to with G19, shield/G43, and a bodyguard/pocket revolver/ pocket pistol. If you wanted to mix it up maybe G17, G26, and a true pocket option. I think those pairs avoid redundancy in the size department. And of course you could sub in MP or sig pistols if you preferred them.

Thank you for the response. I will give the extension a try; I am just cautious to them because I had the HYVE on my shield and it did not feed properly.

Magguts makes a kit for the G43. Adds a round of capacity to your factory mag, no extension needed. While I don't have a G43, I modified one of my BG380's magazines with one of these kits and it works as well if not better than the factory mag.

Hey Gordon,
First the obvious. What gun can you afford, that fits your hand, that has a great reputation for going bang, and is easily concealed.
For me, either a Sig P-238 or 938 (with an extra magazine) would be the recommendations for gym clothes. BTW, I got rid of my G43. Great pistol but not right for me.
Hope this helps.
Ronso

Back
Top Bottom