Looking for good tactical and pistol marksmanship training

Title says it. I live in Easton MA but I am willing to travel for better instructors. I'm looking for best training in the area. I'm sure that like most things it's about the instructor, so I guess I'm looking for the best instructor.

Ive taken Pistol 102/103/104 and skill builder at the sig academy, all very good. I also did a 2 day combat focus with down range firearms training - also very awesome. sig has some classes for competitors - intro to IDPA and USPSA. they also have a 2 day team tactics course for pistol, reflexive shooting (without using sights) and many more. most of their instructors are insanely talented and have the experience to back it up.

I highly recommend taking NRA PPIH and PPOH FIRST. They provide a good foundation including how to avoid the conflict to begin with, considerations to make you less likely to be a target, how to deal with the police, what you can expect after a SD shooting, etc. There is ~3 hrs (PPIH) and ~9 hrs (PPOH) on the range with drills also.

After that, go take a look at the various courses sponsored by www.neshooters.com. What they offer is some of the best out there. However the 4 courses I took thru them were all about shooting and none of the stuff I mentioned above wrt the NRA courses. Also we did a lot of one-hole drills . . . yet the NRA courses I teach (PPIH/PPOH) stress that multiple holes drain more blood quicker (and can end the threat quicker) than punching all bullets thru one hole. [wink]

Disclaimer: I'm teaching PPIH in May and PPOH in July. See my website under events (URL below) for details and schedules if interested. If all you are looking for is high-speed, low-drag training you'll need to look elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom