Looking for Florida non-resident permit class in MA or NH

daveshrews

NES Member
I was originally scheduled to take a Utah non-resident permit class until I realized that a Florida non-res permit would actually fit my needs better. I have found dozens of places in or near Mass that offer the Utah class, but am having a really hard time finding somewhere that does the Florida one. I've searched Google and this site but can't find anything. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I live in northern MA, but would be willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the state, or to NH (or possibly CT).

Thanks!

I got my non-resident Florida permit a few years ago with out any special class. I just filled out the paperwork and sent in a copy of my mass permit and NRA class certificate, paid the money and got the permit in the mail a few week later.

There is no "special class" for FL. Read the FL laws on what training is required (don't recall, I did this 10 years ago) but most NRA courses suffice. They require the instructor's NRA # on the cert but that was the only "special requirement" that I recall.

There is no "special class" for FL. Read the FL laws on what training is required (don't recall, I did this 10 years ago) but most NRA courses suffice. They require the instructor's NRA # on the cert but that was the only "special requirement" that I recall.

This.

The only pain is you have to order your Non-Res app through the mail with their fingerprint card and then go to your local police station and pay to have them take your prints and put them on the card for you prior to sending in.

We have just been informed that Florida requires a class with live fire in order to get their permit. It was a surprise to me but apparently they don't have all their ducks in a row as far as the requirements that they advertise.

We have just been informed that Florida requires a class with live fire in order to get their permit. It was a surprise to me but apparently they don't have all their ducks in a row as far as the requirements that they advertise.

Rules may have changed (or interpretation of same). Back in 1999 when I took my class for FL, I didn't do any live fire. It was done at the instructor's home (he's a friend) and not at any range. Without digging up that old cert, I don't recall which course it was.

Back
Top Bottom