• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for clubs with ranges over 100 yards around the North Shore MA area!

It seems like every range in Eastern MA only has 100 yard rifle ranges! Always was told by hunters that if you want to shoot something at 100 yards you should be comfortable shooting at 200. I have never been a member of any club and am just getting back into shooting (did it a lot as a kid and in the scouts but around my teenage years when I had to pay for everything myself and $20 seemed like a lot of money I stopped).

Seems like there are a lot of places but its hard to find info, so this communities help would be appreciated!

Never been there and it's a private range. Considering where it is and the fact its 600 yds, I'd think there is some sort of qualification process so prob doesnt even have hours where the rifle range is open to the public. Try calling or sending them an email.

Woburn Sportsmens Association in Bedford. 50/100/200 yard centerfire range (need to take seperate written test), 100 yard black powder, 2 trap fields, indoor pistol and rim fire, outdoor and indoor ranges. Well worth checking it out.

I believe Redding is pretty hard to get a membership in. There has been a lot of talk about Andover bumping their range up to 200, currently it is only 100. I don't know how far out that is. It's a great club otherwise.

Reading Rifle and Revolver (600 yards as noted) and Mass Rifle Assoc in Woburn (50/100/200 yards)
This
Woburn Sportsmens Association in Bedford. 50/100/200 yard centerfire range (need to take seperate written test), 100 yard black powder, 2 trap fields, indoor pistol and rim fire, outdoor and indoor ranges.
and this

As Jack said, Harvard is definitely worth the ride but I realize that's not considered "eastern MA".

Yeah Harvard is pretty far from the North Shore, an hour drive without traffic so you cannot exactly pop by on a moments notice. Woburn seems great for the most part, love that they have the black powder for hunting prep, but they have a two-month initiation process and do not prorate their fees which are due at the end of August. So be the the time I wait to join and get through the process it is suddenly deer hunting season!

About 3 months from application to range tour, another 2 months till I could get to the 600 qual.
That's not bad. I was looking into joining a few years back. Everything I was reading was looking at a minimum of a year. But didn't speak to anyone personally. Was all on the interwebs.

That's not bad. I was looking into joining a few years back. Everything I was reading was looking at a minimum of a year. But didn't speak to anyone personally. Was all on the interwebs.

As far as I know they’re still taking applications but they’re going to be capping the membership soon.

Is this a private or public range? On the site I didn't notice that it mentioned anything. Have you been there before?
Look up Readings match schedule and see whats going on for 200 yard matches. If you have a good 100 yard zero you could shoot one of the matches. Generally theres room on the line for anyone who wants to shoot the match.
Just contact match director for details.

You can "practice" at 100
Put up a 6" black circle at 100 if you can put all the shots inside the black theres a good chance you will hit the kill zone at 200. Just zero about 2" high at 100.

Look up Readings match schedule and see whats going on for 200 yard matches. If you have a good 100 yard zero you could shoot one of the matches. Generally theres room on the line for anyone who wants to shoot the match.

Put up a 6" black circle at 100 if you can put all the shots inside the black theres a good chance you will hit the kill zone at 200. Just zero about 2" high at 100.

That is such a good idea and is so simple and perfect! Cannot believe I never thought of something like that, DOH!

This

That is such a good idea and is so simple and perfect! Cannot believe I never thought of something like that, DOH!
Not sure how far along the north shore you are but you've got cape ann sportsmans club in Gloucester (I'm a member) and Hamilton Wenham rod and gun.

Cape Ann is actually probably the closest/most convenient full range to me. 24 hour pistol range is a big plus as I work odd late hours a lot. However, I do not know anyone there that I know of and that seems to be a requirement to apply.

Reading Rifle and Revolver has matches where we shoot from 300, 500, and 600... If you checkout Reading Rifle High Power you'll see when the matches are. These are open to the public and there is a fee for entry. Dues is a little high, $225.00 plus another $50.00 assessment fee for ongoing projects, but with all the events that take place here it's well worth it, plus there is usually 2 work parties per year where you can earn money towards your dues. On Sundays they do a 200 yard off-hand shoot that for $10 anyone can try... a 50 yard zero will get you on target at 200 yards....so come see our club, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

I believe Redding is pretty hard to get a membership in. There has been a lot of talk about Andover bumping their range up to 200, currently it is only 100. I don't know how far out that is. It's a great club otherwise.

Last I heard, they are doing the preliminary site surveys and everything now, and hoping to do the work in the next couple years.

Back
Top Bottom