Looking for club near Bedford, NH

I recently moved up to Bedford, NH and I am looking for a place to shoot. I'm a member at Andover Sportsmen's Club but I have no interest in paying $100 a year for a non-resident LTC so I will no longer enter the Commonwealth with firearms and will let that membership lapse. I occasionally shoot small calibers on my private property, however I prefer to go to a range. Does anybody know any outdoor ranges within 30 minutes of Bedford, NH? I am only interested in occasional outdoor pistol and rifle shooting. I've searched a little bit but I value your opinions and experiences more than random review online.

I've been a member at Londonderry Fish and Game for many years. Excellent facility without alot of silly rules . The vast majority of members are polite and safe. The new 400 yard range is extremely well built. Check out their website if you want more info, sometimes they have a waiting list to become a member.

Londonderry F&G is probably your best choice. Go to their website and get your name on the waiting list and you should be able to join in February or so.

Pointer F&G is in Bedford, near the Merrimack line on Back River Rd. They also have a waiting list but I don't know the procedure. I've visited once, my sons shot a 4H event there. Much smaller club than Londonderry but it might suit your needs.

There are several other clubs nearby but those are probably your best choices (nearby with decent facilities)

Does anybody know anything about Purgatory Falls Fish and Game Club in Mont Vernon?

A smaller club is fine as I am only looking for a basic outdoor range where I can shoot pistol and rifle 100+ yards at least. That's it. I don't care much about hunting, fishing, trap shooting, pancake breakfasts, etc.

Londonderry F&G is probably your best choice. Go to their website and get your name on the waiting list and you should be able to join in February or so.

Pointer F&G is in Bedford, near the Merrimack line on Back River Rd. They also have a waiting list but I don't know the procedure. I've visited once, my sons shot a 4H event there. Much smaller club than Londonderry but it might suit your needs.

There are several other clubs nearby but those are probably your best choices (nearby with decent facilities)
I put my name on the list about a year ago, have never heard anything back, and if I recall, they don't want you to bother them about your place on the waiting list.

Does anybody know anything about Purgatory Falls Fish and Game Club in Mont Vernon? A smaller club is fine as I am only looking for a basic outdoor range where I can shoot pistol and rifle 100+ yards at least. That's it. I don't care much about hunting, fishing, trap shooting, pancake breakfasts, etc.
Small is a good summary of Purgatory Falls Fish and Game Club.. PFFG only accepts new members sponsored by a member in good standing.

I put my name on the list about a year ago, have never heard anything back, and if I recall, they don't want you to bother them about your place on the waiting list.
They notify those on the wait list that they have slots for on/about Feb. 1st each year. It appears that you can't join part-way thru the year.

They notify those on the wait list that they have slots for on/about Feb. 1st each year. It appears that you can't join part-way thru the year.
At the time I applied, they said it could be up to a 2 year wait....hope not.

You can join PFFG mid-year, it's just that most slots open up in February, when members are dropped for non-payment. As of last August, PFFG had over 2 dozen openings for new members (assuming you have a sponsor and attend two meetings as a guest).

Last edited:
You can join mid-year, it's just that most slots open up in February, when members are dropped for non-payment. As of last August, PFFG had over 2 dozen openings for new members (assuming you have a sponsor and attend two meetings as a guest).
I was referring to Londonderry F&G (a post above mine).

Does anybody know any outdoor ranges within 30 minutes of Bedford, NH? I am only interested in occasional outdoor pistol and rifle shooting.
Pioneer Sportsmen in Dunbarton could be an option (whether it's within 30 minutes depends on where you are in Bedford). That said, Pioneer is also not taking new members until 2020.

I was referring to Londonderry F&G (a post above mine).
Looks like Londonderry does the usual February membership culling, anybody know why LFGC sometimes does a second round of new members in May?

Last edited:
Looks like Londonderry does the usual February membership culling, anybody know why LFGC sometimes does a second round of new members in May?
Londonderry opens up renewals (for Jan -Dec 31 membership year) on Sept. 15th and closes it on Dec. 31. Late renewals pay a large penalty thru Jan. 3st and then they open up the open slots to the wait list. Wait list folks have to attend an orientation in Feb or Mar and if they don't I suppose (no real knowledge) that might open those slots up in May?

I just joined Londonderry last year and was told they took all names from the waiting list as of February of this year. If you just missed that time around you should make it in no problem this time around.

You can join PFFG mid-year, it's just that most slots open up in February, when members are dropped for non-payment. As of last August, PFFG had over 2 dozen openings for new members (assuming you have a sponsor and attend two meetings as a guest).

I reached out to PFFG and have been in touch with the membership director. I'll be at their monthly meeting on Thursday night to start the process. The fact that they are pretty local to me is a big plus. I live on the Amherst/New Boston side of town.

Back
Top Bottom