• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for an outdoor and indoor range

Lmsoul

NES Member
I am new to shooting, and I am looking for a range where I can shoot indoors and outdoors with courses for improving my pistol skills. Plus, Membership would be great.

I have already signed up for pistol Skill Builder (Tactical Dynamics).

Thank you!

I just joined Cape Ann. Feels a little dated, but I've enjoyed it thus far and like the people I've met. Give it a look.

I was a member over at Mass Rifle. Good club as well. I moved, so got a new club

Andover is really nice, I moved to NH 10 years ago and I still belong even through I rarely go. Compared to the NH clubs I've been to the Andover range is like walking into the Taj Mahal. The only downside are some Fudd Mass rules like 10 round ammo limits in magazines but being a new shooter you probably only have low capacity magazines away.

If you’re interested in learning defensive shooting, Andover Sportsman’s is not your club, look at Cape Ann or Harvard Sportsman’s club.

Check out Maynard Rod and Gun too. While the action shooting programs aren’t nearly as extensive as Harvard’s, they are trying to do more of them and more teaching seminars regarding how to shoot in active/competitive situations.

Andover is really nice, I moved to NH 10 years ago and I still belong even through I rarely go. Compared to the NH clubs I've been to the Andover range is like walking into the Taj Mahal. The only downside are some Fudd Mass rules like 10 round ammo limits in magazines but being a new shooter you probably only have low-capacity magazines away.
I have my Beretta Elite compact and CZ 97 BD- Yes sir Only low capacity
My Beretta and CZ 97 will be an extension of my body, mind, and soul with time and practice. -

If you’re interested in learning defensive shooting, Andover Sportsman’s is not your club, look at Cape Ann or Harvard Sportsman’s club.
That is what I thought- I want to learn defensive shooting, this is one discipline in my opinion I need to learn and gain knowledge.

The Reading rifle club is nice, I believe you can still attend training classes there without being a member. That's how I joined, I took a class, met some members and got sponsored. I've taken a few classes from Jerry and he's a solid dude, I've only had positive experiences.

The Reading rifle club is nice, I believe you can still attend training classes there without being a member. That's how I joined, I took a class, met some members and got sponsored. I've taken a few classes from Jerry and he's a solid dude, I've only had positive experiences.

This is a great option. Jerry is still running classes and is a great way to get to know some members.

Check out Maynard Rod and Gun too. While the action shooting programs aren’t nearly as extensive as Harvard’s, they are trying to do more of them and more teaching seminars regarding how to shoot in active/competitive situations.
I took a training course there this summer and was amazed at the outdoor facilities. Haven't seen Indoors

I took a training course there this summer and was amazed at the outdoor facilities. Haven't seen Indoors

We’re actually renovating our indoor range right now. I‘m not sure when the new facilities will open. Pistol only and .22LR rifles only as of now, but don’t know if the renovations will allow for PCCs. We have good, young leadership with lots of ideas and a lot of desire to see MRGC be a better club. I‘m enjoying my membership, and as much as I’ve hemmed and hawed about moving to Harvard, I really like MRGC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom