• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

looking for an ideas

paul73

NES Member
so, as i got my 3d printer finally working well and got back on my rusty AutoCAD - that is now called 'fusion 360' :) skills - over last 3 months i kinda ran over all the stuff i wanted to do for myself, and now got bored a bit. wanna do something new, but totally out of ideas.

i placed some of what i did on ebay as listings - not even to make money of it - as it is just laughable - but, mostly out of curiosity, to see what will have any traction, and what will not.
surprisingly, a complex shit has the least interest and best going stuff are simple trays - go figure.
but, for now it all remains pretty much at the level of white noise - some gets bought more often, some does not - and i wonder, really, what else would be out there worth making?

what would it be, like, something you would want for your gun or reloading rig, but could not find nowhere?
not sure if it is worth discussing here or not, but, i like to design shit - so, just thinking - why not to try to initiate a conversation like that.

what i've got so far can be seen here:

Last edited:
as one of ideas - there is also a bullet seater design I altered for myself, but it is such a PITA to make and tune - i did not even want to try offering it to others, as it probably would be just a shitload of complaints. Cool stuff when it works well, though.

D35506B9-1017-4B37-BD15-B18CFCE7D862.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't know one could print parts for a gas mask until now.

Make a piece that can mount a phone camera on to a scope for scope-cam footage?
that is a solid idea and a challenge. as diff scopes have diff diameter viewfinders and phones also differ in size. i will think of that.

Mag loaders? Or is the plastic not hard enough?
no, doable, but, it is already a taken field, there is plenty of that stuff around already offered. i think i saw several people already selling that on ebay, so it is not very, well, original.

Make some of these mag adaptors. The ones you buy are too large for preban mags. I guess prebans are slightly shorter.
View attachment 695043
also seems like already taken -

Back
Top Bottom