• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for an Air Rifle

I just received a great airgun, purchased from pyramyd air. They have everything you need for pest control. Ships fast and great customer service. They offer a 10 for $10 service in which they test shoot and chronograph ten test shots to make sure the rifle is up to spec and not a dud. Not sure what your budget is but I got the Hatsan 135 vortex for $229. And couldnt be happier. Great quality rifle. Its powerful in .25 and really packs a punch (ive got bigger problems than squirrels). For squirrels .177 or .22 is more than enough with the right gun. I hear great things about Hatsans 125 sniper (almost same size powerplant as the 135 but with synthetic stock and supposadly a tad quieter) also the 95 vortex looks real nice for your needs. The 135 i have seems real quiet to me but it is my first air gun and have nothing to compare it to. Sounds like an nail gun to my ears. I have a little space around my house but a couple neighbors are pretty close and no one has mentioned the target shooting i am doing in the afternoons (30-60 pellets in a row)

One note is if you put a scope on make sure it is air gun rated as the recoil is two ways and will trash a traditional rifle scope.

Just saw your post about not wanting break barrels sorry. Still check out the site they will have what you need.

Hatsan seem decent I only have touched 1. A under lever "torpedo " ? The other was a pistol ....looked ok,but not for 130$ they where asking.

I just remembered if you want CO2 archer air guns has some decent stuff for the money.
My friend bought one of these a few years ago. Picked the high power option 22cal at 15ftlbs energy.
He uses it around his barn on rats and pigeons. It will shoot consistent 1" groups at 50 yards in warm weather...
Co2 doesn't do well when cooler weather comes. His performs best at 75-80 degrees. http://www.archerairguns.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=QB79PCPRepeater22

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom