• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for an active club

I just moved to the South Shore (Acushnet) and am looking for a club that is close and is active in any of the following, IDPA, IPSC, PPC, Pin Shoots or plate shoots.

Thier are a lot of clubs listed but they are all about an hour away from me.

Any help would be appreciated

Tom

Tom, welcome to the forum!

Have you looked thru the list of clubs on the GOAL website?

www.goal.org

It is NOT a complete list, only those that are affiliated with GOAL are listed here.

Also look at the titles of the stickies at the top of this forum. I recall posting some lists of clubs, not sure if it was MA or some other states.

Finding out what a club has to offer usually requires you to make phone calls on Sunday mornings, unless they have a website with useful info on their facilities.

Active Clubs

If you are interested in IPSC, you can find a list of the clubs in New England at the northeast section web site www.uspsa-ne.org, and a national directory of clubs at www.uspsa.org.

Chris Siano who is active on these forums runs an IDPA program at Riverside in Hudson, MA.

Not sure who has pin & plate shoots, but if you join GOAL www.goal.org you'll receive the "Outdoor Message" which contains a listing for many club level shooting matches.

Harvard has IPSC.I don't know much about it,but there are a lot of big competitions during the summer.

They have metal plates on a string that they shoot at a couple of stations,I'm guessing that is the plate shoot.Even though I am a member there,I don't know crap about IPSC,only that there are a lot of people that do it there.

I think there is also an active IPSC/IDPA club in RI that might be accessible to you. I don't know about RI laws regarding bringing guns into RI for non-residents (for competition or practice), so it might pay to check into that if this is a viable option.

I am really dissapointed about the lack of competition on the South Shore.
I really miss the North Shore :(

You can bring firearms into other states but they have to be in locked cases.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom