• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a wicked bright flashlight, your help needed please!

Brite-Strike has a demo light that they use for conferences. They've used it as a hammer for the last year to show the durability of their products. I saw them run it over with a pick-up truck and proceeded to use it to light up a demonstration tent with absolutely no problems

+1 for Brite-Strike.

I carry this 198 lumens model with a single end cap push button that cycles from high, med, strobe, off. No twisting of anything, just a single protected button switch....

herrington-catalog_1981_176199128.jpg

...it's all aircraft grade aluminum, super tough, and the battery life is terrific. Cops use these for lighting up dark yards etc over long distances. Everyone I show this to is amazed by the length and brightness of the field at night.

Titan, this is the light I am looking at picking up.
How long does the battery last?
How far does the beam reach out? Any beam pics?
How does the lens seem, does it scratch easily?
Any thing else you can tell me about this light?

Hi ItalianBostonian,
If you are looking for something with a clip you may be interested in the Champion

280 Lumens
type 3 HA finish
multi mode with high low strobe
Cree LED
The light runs on disposable or rechargeable batteries
We have the light and can include a rechareable kit for about $115.00

Let me know if you have any questions my cell is 508-308-9229
Thanks
John

champion-x.jpg

I found an aluminum 1 watt LED flashlight at ocean state job lot for about $10. it works well for what I need. It's the same LED that is in the TRL-1 i have on my 1911.

Hi ItalianBostonian,
If you are looking for something with a clip you may be interested in the Champion

280 Lumens
type 3 HA finish
multi mode with high low strobe
Cree LED
The light runs on disposable or rechargeable batteries
We have the light and can include a rechareable kit for about $115.00

Let me know if you have any questions my cell is 508-308-9229
Thanks
John

John,
The flashlight you sold to my friend who was going to the jungle.
He said it was amazing and that his jungle guides and pretty much everyone else was trying to convince him to sell it to them.

He shot video and took pictures in pitch black and said he could not have done his trip without it.

He wanted me to tell you that.

That is awesome he had the Behemoth and I remember him telling me about the trip. Sounds like I need to find the forum where all of the Jungle guides hand out!

Thanks

John,
The flashlight you sold to my friend who was going to the jungle.
He said it was amazing and that his jungle guides and pretty much everyone else was trying to convince him to sell it to them.

He shot video and took pictures in pitch black and said he could not have done his trip without it.

He wanted me to tell you that.

I picked up a few of these: LINK! in the "As seen on TV" section at Staples for $10 each. Good solid construction, bright as hell, Shock and water resistant and small enough to fit perfectly in a pocket. Slightly larger than a roll of quarters. Well worth the money.

I have one of these now, it worked great at first. Now it's dim and flickers. That's why I am in the market for a new light.

If I'm going to have the inconvenience of carrying a light, it's going to be worth while. Can't go wrong with the liotec's. They are a good deal.

For less expensive lights for the car, etc. I recommend Dorcy LED lights (available at Target and online). They are a really good value. Not Liotec quality, but great lights that you won't cry about if you leave on the side of the road after changing a tire in the dark.

I've scanned over this thread a doz times or so...I have to comment, only in Boston would someone actually write.."a WICKED bright flashlight"

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

I bought mine about six months ago and am still on the original batteries.

I carry it every day, and quickly illuminate my property everytime I pull up to it at night. Probably a minute or so per use, hundreds of times. Frankly, I can't figure out why the batteries still work.

I have no photos of the beam, but it throws from the front of my property to the back (About 100 yards) and illuminates with a very white, bright light that allows me to see fine detail at the rear of the property.

The lens seems hard enough. I haven't tried to scratch it, but there are no scratches at all after 6 months+ of regular use.

I REALLY like the crennalated lens for self defense purposes, the similarly indented single operating switch on the tailcap and the ruggedness and pure coolness of the case design. It's very easy to grip and I can't imagine it ever slipping out of my grasp, even with a wet hand. The pocket clip is removable with a couple of screws for mounting in a weapon clamp, and a tail cap/switch for weapon mounting is available. It comes in a sturdy cordura sheath with flap. It works with 2 CR123A batteries.

I'm saving to buy at least two more.

Thought I would update this post and say that I picked up the 198 Lumen Model of the Brite-Strike light.

This light is wicked bright! The throw is very nice also. The beam is more of a flood light kinda beam than a spotlight, but it doesn't matter because this is so bright it lights everything up! So far I like it, just gutta see how long the battery lasts now.

Back
Top Bottom