Looking for a wicked bright flashlight, your help needed please!

Ok, I am looking for the brightest compact flashlight I can find. I want to be able to carry this light around with me all the time in my pocket.

I carry the Streamlight Stinger DS LED on my duty belt, which puts out 160 lumen's. I want a light as bright as this if possible in a compact version.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
If you don't feel like spending $100-150.00 dollars and have to use special batteries the Home Depot has several compact LED light that will cause retina damage and use AA batteries. I have several, one in the car and one I use at work and they are impressive, around $40.00.

I've been using a Fenix PD30, it's very compact, 220 lumens, strobe, lots of accessories like headbands, bike mounts, diffusers. For the money I think it's a great light.

There is a group buy currently on Liotec flashlights right here on NES

I have an angel C which is rated at 200 lumens... 40 more than your current set great carry IMO with belt clip.

They have defender model rated at 280lumens
CHeck out http://liotec.com for more options..

Liotec, the owner is a regular poster here on NES

There is a group buy currently on Liotec flashlights right here on NES

I have an angel C which is rated at 200 lumens... 40 more than your current set great carry IMO with belt clip.

They have defender model rated at 280lumens
CHeck out http://liotec.com for more options..

Yep, I was going to post this as well.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76415

John has some lights that go up into the 1000 lumens.

I have some that aren't so compact that are up to 800 lumens.

But like it was said, he's got one that 280 lumens and it's not that big. I keep the Sniper on my belt at all times.

DSC00605.jpg

NiteCore Smart PD EX10
One CR123 battery gives you 130 lumens at full brightness for 90 minutes.
At minimum brightness (3 lumn) run time is 65 hours.

I paid $71 including shipping from TacticalLeds.com

ETA: I'm sure there are brighter ones around. But this one is definitely bright enough and most importantly, it is very compact.

For the Liotec Freedom group buy, it was just $50 and the flashlight puts out 200 lumens and is very compact. Uses a single CR123A battery. I'd highly recommend this one. The one I have has high, low and strobe modes.

I picked up a few of these: LINK! in the "As seen on TV" section at Staples for $10 each. Good solid construction, bright as hell, Shock and water resistant and small enough to fit perfectly in a pocket. Slightly larger than a roll of quarters. Well worth the money.

You may want to check out the Blue Dot series from Brite Strike. http://www.brite-strike.com I demoed a few of their lights at the MLEFIAA conference last year and I was very impressed with their products. The owners of the company are both Kingston, MA police officers and are wicked nice guys. And I'm fairly sure they offer law enforcement and military discounts.

For the Liotec Freedom group buy, it was just $50 and the flashlight puts out 200 lumens and is very compact. Uses a single CR123A battery. I'd highly recommend this one. The one I have has high, low and strobe modes.

I believe the new Liotec Freedom puts out 230 or 250 lumens. Liotec has great lights at very reasonable prices and John is great to deal with. Check them out.

I picked up a few of these: LINK! in the "As seen on TV" section at Staples for $10 each. Good solid construction, bright as hell, Shock and water resistant and small enough to fit perfectly in a pocket. Slightly larger than a roll of quarters. Well worth the money.

I have one of these now, it worked great at first. Now it's dim and flickers. That's why I am in the market for a new light.

Get the Behemoth from John.
I can look down a 40' chimney flue with a penny at the bottom and tell you if its heads or tails! No kidding, this light is BRIGHT! (and it strobes!)

I believe the new Liotec Freedom puts out 230 or 250 lumens. Liotec has great lights at very reasonable prices and John is great to deal with. Check them out.

I got 2 of the Freedoms for my Dad and my Brother. They are great lights.

The Liotecs are all LEDs.

Ken

I carry my Urnabeam Freedom (sold by Liotec) everyday in my front left pocket. It's tiny and puts out 200/230 lumens with a single battery. I use the rechargeable RCR123A batteries and have to change them maybe once every 2 weeks and I use my flashlight all the time. I highly recommend this flashlight and anything else that John at Liotec sells.

I own 4 flashlights; a Freedom, a Behemoth, a 6P w/ malkoff LED, and a C3. The only two I use anymore is the Freedom which stays on me and the Behemoth that stays in my car.

I have the Liotech Freedom as well as a Fenix PD20.
The PD20 is thinner than the Freedom. It also has an SOS mode and the strobing is faster than the Freedom.

The Freedom is about $45 and can be picked up locally. The PD20 is about 55 and I haven't seen it locally.

Both are around the same brightness.

I use it at night when walking the dogs, it lights up eyeballs across 3 little league ball fields..

I know 3 people who own them(one I "forced" into buying on at Johns booth) ZERO disappointments, only amazement such light from such a small package..

I highly doubt you will be disappointed with any of the liotec lights

How far does the light reach with these Liotec lights?

I have a surefire l1 lumamax with a backup two way pocket clip. Love the light, bright on high, nice for "regular" activities on low, with pressure switch on back to toggle between hi/lo and twist for constant on/off. pricey sucker though

You may want to check out the Blue Dot series from Brite Strike. http://www.brite-strike.com I demoed a few of their lights at the MLEFIAA conference last year and I was very impressed with their products. The owners of the company are both Kingston, MA police officers and are wicked nice guys. And I'm fairly sure they offer law enforcement and military discounts.

I have checked out all of the different lights from all of the different manufactures and Brite-Light probably is my top pick, with Lio-Tec coming in second. I would go with Lio-Tec if they had a light that looked like the ones made by Brite-Strike, but I think I may go with Brite-Strike because they have the style I am looking for and are bright enough. Any one have any experience with these lights are far as reliability? I held a couple today and I love the way they feel, but the lens covering the bulb seems to be a little cheap and looks like it could scratch.

Brite-Strike has a demo light that they use for conferences. They've used it as a hammer for the last year to show the durability of their products. I saw them run it over with a pick-up truck and proceeded to use it to light up a demonstration tent with absolutely no problems

I have checked out all of the different lights from all of the different manufactures and Brite-Light probably is my top pick,

That does look pretty nice. But, $175? Wow.

By the way, for anyone who needs a decent flashlight that is really inexpensive (but no, not as bright as the Liotec or other high-end flashlights), I got a couple of these Romisen RC-G2:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3607

$11.30, 70 lumens, takes one AA battery. Feels solid and heavy. Of all the cheap flashlights I have bought, I put this one at the top (although that's not saying too much... many of those under $10 flashlights break almost immediately just by sitting on a table).

Back
Top Bottom