• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a Sponsor for Plymouth Rod and Gun

Tartakovsky

NES Member
I am a former member who didn’t renew because I got crazy busy with work and family and found my range time drop to zero. Circumstances have changed allowing me a lot more range time. I don’t know any current members and despite being a former member, George is still requiring me to have a sponsor. He suggested going down to the range on a Sunday and hanging around asking members for a sponsor. That’s just not me. Instead, I figured I’d try here. I hate asking for things from friends and family, never mind strangers, so willing to trade ammo for a sponsor. If you could meet me at the club this evening (I know it’s short notice) I’ll make it worth your while. Need ammo? I’ve got 22, 556, 9mm, 40, etc. Let me know if you’re interested, shoot me a text. My cell is 617.721.8972

Thanks,

Ryan Darr

When I joined old Colony (I know, not the same club), we would get a sponsor that same day during the club meeting. Someone would jsut sign out piece of paper.

Maybe you can do that at Plymouth?

Option 2: go to a monthly meeting and ask one of the guys. Tell them what happened. People are nice, I'm sure they wont have an issue just signing as a sponsor.

Option 3: why cant the guy telling you that you need a sponsor be your sponsor?

If you join OCSA. When you see a good looking guy, in shape, young, shooting a 45/70 sharps on Sundays during the summer, go say hi to him. That's me. :) ... but dont try to talk for 1hr. I'm there to shoot.

I put a feeler out a few weeks back for a sponsor at Plymouth R&G. All I got back was recommendations for other clubs. I'm still on the waiting list...since last summer. George said he sends out invites from the list in February...so I guess I've got another year to wait unless I go somewhere else. They do seem to have some overbearing rules so I'm torn between convenience (location) and fudd rules.

Maybe former members catch a break on the waiting list (or not) and maybe their rules are within your tolerances, I don't know...best of luck.

The funny thing is last time when I signed up, I didn’t have a sponsor so one of the board members sponsored me. They don’t/won’t do that anymore I guess.

I was a member at Plymouth for 6 years. I did not renew this year. I’m over at Okd Colony. Come on by.

Do a quick search for the other thread and you’ll see the reasons why.

Why do so many clubs cap membership or put so many hurdles up? That sort of thing is what's screwing us on 2A, if it's too hard to get into the hobby then people just won't bother.

Back
Top Bottom