• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a recipe

Need loading data for Speer Gold Dot 155gr using either Bullseye or Unique.

Seems Speer is pretty cheesy at giving out reloading data and my last Speer reloading book doesn't list S&W .40

Anybody got a good stable load I can use?

I got an email back from Speer and loaded per their recommendations.

What I ended up, and seems to work REALLY well, was 155gr GDHP, 7.5gr Unique. These things were LOUD and accurate. J_Smith can testify to this..

:D

We were shooting out to 33ft. The groupings were good for me, I suck at pistol pretty much but if I used the bench as a rest, I did see some good groups.

I tell you one thing, those GDHP opened themselves right up when they hit the dirt. Something I would not want to be hit with

I prefer to get the loading recipes from the bullet mfg as they know (should) what best for their bullet. The latest Speer book I have doesnt even list a .40 S&W...

Rooster, the books I referenced claims to be a compilation of all the bullet mfr and powder mfr info.

If so, that might be a good deal, that's why I asked if anyone ever saw/used them. I just ran across the item on Dillon's website and have never laid eyes on them.

LenS said:
Has anyone used them? Opinions for .40S&W and/or .45ACP?

I've got the one for 40 S&W/10mm. Good book, but no more data than Lee. The Lee book is a better deal, if you load more than one caliber. The loadbook is better if you only do one or two calibers.

Back
Top Bottom