Looking For A Range To Call Home

Or you get shut down like scituate and become a shotgun only club and go super fudd. Its all good.
I actually like the "old days" gated property , pile of dirt and tires nothing else. You bring it in it leaves with you.
Now clubs have to lock dumpsters cause members think thier construction debris and old plastic toys disposal is part of membership.
Fun stuff, soon as kids are a bit older i hope to get more involved.
Interesting you bring this up.
A bit back I had the honor of serving in the administration of an old and somewhat prestigious club local to me. During my tenure at the front table we had pretty much the exact same incident. Through honest but unflinching dialogue with the neighborhood association and local PD, and the brilliant, innovative and way above and beyond dedicated work of Tim K and his gang that club still shoots USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, and does not place any unreasonable restrictions on how members may shoot. It helped having some dough to throw at the problem too.

Interesting you bring this up.
A bit back I had the honor of serving in the administration of an old and somewhat prestigious club local to me. During my tenure at the front table we had pretty much the exact same incident. Through honest but unflinching dialogue with the neighborhood association and local PD, and the brilliant, innovative and way above and beyond dedicated work of Tim K and his gang that club still shoots USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, and does not place any unreasonable restrictions on how members may shoot. It helped having some dough to throw at the problem too.
so basically you paid off the nieghbors, lol.
Sometimes you can get lucky.
Todays environment with clubs .....icidents now can be a death sentence for a club.
Bravo to the clubs that have the range/members/BOD that can provide safe environment for continued safe firearm instruction/training/practice.

I am looking to join the MFG, do you have to let anyone know you are coming or just show up?

Nope, just come on down to the Jan 2nd meeting. Come down early because I am pretty sure we're doing the Board meeting before 7pm, which is the regular member meeting time. You'll need to be there for the Board meeting section. You can go through the paperwork and application ahead of time, and read through the range and standing rules on the MFGPA website before you come.

so basically you paid off the nieghbors, lol.
[rofl]
Good Lord man. This isn't exactly Butcher Hollow, Kentucky around here. Many of these folks spend more for yearly maintenance on their yachts than the entire annual budget of the typical gun club. Somehow I just don't think a greasy fifty stuffed in their mailbox paper-clipped to a note reading " There's more where this came from if you play ball with us" is going to get a whole lot of traction.

Yup, Rt 106, behind the new public safety complex. Should be a ~20 min ride for you, traffic depending, I would guess.

50/100yd outdoor ranges, + archery, canoe/kayak landing, picnic area. 50ft. indoor range under construction.

Jan 2 is the next Board/Member meeting if you want to come down. Bring $5 for dinner. If you want to come down before then hit me up and we'll see if we can make a time, but if you want to join up, that's the night to be there.

Add to the list Action Shooting team (IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge), Cowboy Action, Bullseye. Strongly recommend!

Question about the USPA and Steel Challenge programs at Mansfield- are there any practice opportunities available?
I belonged to a range previously that had a practice session for USPSA on Saturday before the match and it was great for skills building- something I'm sorely in need of.
If not at Mansfield, is there another range around that has practice times available?

Ames Rifle and Pistol is the best club in SE Mass. Outdoor Pistol Combat Range and 100 and 300 yard Rifle Ranges. 50 foot Indoor Pistol Range. Bass River Rod & Gun and Monument Beach run the best IDPA matches.

[rofl]
Good Lord man. This isn't exactly Butcher Hollow, Kentucky around here. Many of these folks spend more for yearly maintenance on their yachts than the entire annual budget of the typical gun club. Somehow I just don't think a greasy fifty stuffed in their mailbox paper-clipped to a note reading " There's more where this came from if you play ball with us" is going to get a whole lot of traction.
well i will guess you had a few nieghbors that where member s to help the fight.
Well at least your outcome was in your favor. Not the case these days some clubs are neighbors just waiting for a reason to try and shut them down.

Back
Top Bottom