• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a post...

And I swore that it was here, but I'm not able to find it from a search. Mainly because I don't rember what to search on.

But, it was a reporter I think. It was his blog I believe. He was over with a group of Marines. Talkign aobut how they were so young, but acting very old for thier age. ANd how he was against the war, but changed his miind after seeing what he's been seeing over there. There were pictures of Terrorist Training camps and the like.

Anyway, does anyone remember this? If so, do they know where this was?

If it was on the forum before the software was changed, you'll probably not find it.
Some pages can still be found in the Google cached pages.
I don't know if there is an archive of the old forum, perhaps Admin could tell you.

jhrosier said:
If it was on the forum before the software was changed, you'll probably not find it.
Some pages can still be found in the Google cached pages.
I don't know if there is an archive of the old forum, perhaps Admin could tell you.

Nothing was "left behind" when we moved over to this new software. In fact, due to a glitch, some old posts were transfered and "triplicated" accidentally.

I did a quick search of blog and marine and that threw 348 posts at me. The OP can start looking from the earliest times of the forum and will find it if he persists long enough.

The default settings in the new forum software may make it appear that some threads have disappeared.

Using the Quick Links Menu, go to User Control Panel/Edit Options

Change the "Default Thread Age Cut Off:" Show All Threads.
Save & Apply changes

CD

Problem I don't think that it was in the post. I think that it was a link to the article that talked about the above things.

That's why it's driving my nuts. I was hoping that someone remembered the link that this was all in.

It was really good. And it had a good argument on why we need to be over there. And the pictures were really powerful, showing the hatred and the terrorist symbols on the walls of the camps.

It also talked about how they were living in the crapmed dorm rooms that when they clean up the sand, it just comes right back.

Oh well. If anyone remembers this link...just post it.

Back
Top Bottom