Looking for a NON SMOKING gun club to join - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liberal, conservative..... Medical Professional.... Maybe a Doc....maybe a nurse.... maybe a cna.... I dont care about any of this.... Until I see pics...

liberal troll

I'm still calling this one a troll

Knock this shit off.

If you think that this is trolling, then you have no idea what a real troll looks likes. I'm ****ing sick of people calling any newbie that's not in lock step with their views a 'troll'. It's not your call to make (which is good, because you'd do it wrong).

She probably posted here before reading through some threads to get a sense of how this place (and most other gun forums) operate, then focused on the negative (in spite of the fact that she actually got her question answered), and lashed out. She's a gun owner in Massachusetts, which makes her one of the good guys until proven otherwise. She deserves the benefit of the doubt - which means not calling her a troll in her first thread.

To the OP: Any time you post a question, you will get good answers, bad answers, insults, and posts that are in no way related to your question. You have the added advantage here of being a woman, which will quickly earn you an ultra-loyal cadre of shameless leg-humpers, especially if you're half as good looking as you say you are (remember - this is a gun forum).

A thick skin helps around here, but if you do feel the need to lash out, please use the 'Reply With Quote' button at the bottom of the offending post to single out the user instead of insulting the whole forum. This will allow you to light up the correct target of your ire, so that your soon-to-be minions can pile on like a bunch of laser-guided bombs.

If you insult the whole forum, they'll pile on you, which is what happened here.

Knock this shit off.

If you think that this is trolling, then you have no idea what a real troll looks likes. I'm ****ing sick of people calling any newbie that's not in lock step with their views a 'troll'. It's not your call to make (which is good, because you'd do it wrong).

She probably posted here before reading through some threads to get a sense of how this place (and most other gun forums) operate, then focused on the negative (in spite of the fact that she actually got her question answered), and lashed out. She's a gun owner in Massachusetts, which makes her one of the good guys until proven otherwise. She deserves the benefit of the doubt - which means not calling her a troll in her first thread.

To the OP: Any time you post a question, you will get good answers, bad answers, insults, and posts that are in no way related to your question. You have the added advantage here of being a woman, which will quickly earn you an ultra-loyal cadre of shameless leg-humpers, especially if you're half as good looking as you say you are (remember - this is a gun forum).

A thick skin helps around here, but if you do feel the need to lash out, please use the 'Reply With Quote' button at the bottom of the offending post to single out the user instead of insulting the whole forum. This will allow you to light up the correct target of your ire, so that your soon-to-be minions can pile on like a bunch of laser-guided bombs.

If you insult the whole forum, they'll pile on you, which is what happened here.

By far the best post if the week!

We need to let people establish themselves a little more before labeling them. It's the Internet for Christ's sake, it won't do any harm to take people at face value for a bit and let them prove themselves. EC hit it right on the head, she says she's a gun owner, that's an automatic tilt to good guy status, and the rest is up to her.

BTW, to the OP, what are you shooting? Looking for a house gun for my wife, and always looking for input.

You did get your questions answered and even took a lot less heat for it than others have with more innocent questions. You asked a bunch of damned dirty apes where you could shoot smoke-free and a couple of them threw bananas at you.

Go green tonight, find the thread for the car shoot / pig roast this weekend and sign up! You have until midnight. (deadline for signing up) If you see a guy in a banana suit, run away. If you see a Porsche, do NOT sit in it.

It's mostly a good bunch here, but most of us are not fit for polite company.

fair warning... i'll be smoking plenty of cigars at this event. [laugh]

Not only do cigars and ciggys smell like poopy, they hurt EVERYBODY around the smoker.

You are free to move away from the smokers.

If I light up a cigarette or cigar, I typically check to see if anyone is down wind of me who may not approve of it and move to situate myself so they won't be affected, that's just common courtesy.

I'm mostly bitter about the people who will come in after I have been set up for over an hour, set up RIGHT NEXT TO ME, then start whining about my cigarette; Hey, *******, you are more than welcome to move all your shit to the other end of the firing line, I was here first, and you set your shit up next to me. I'll stop smoking when stupid people stop getting elected, until then it is either smoking or homicidal rage; your choice.

There, I was even fairly polite with my response, even though the quoted comment makes me want to kick a puppy. "smells like poopy" is only true if you are close to the person: walk away. "Hurts everybody around the smoker" is not correct either, it hurts everybody around the smoker who is unable or unwilling to leave the area. Smoking around children or the disabled is bullshit, don't do it... everyone else can get up and leave if they don't like it. Shit like this is the reason they banned smoking in every place that I was looking forward to smoking in when I got old enough to drink; bars, strip clubs and...bars being the primary examples.

It's the internet. Welcome. [grin] Really, there are some awesome people here. Go to a shoot and meet them. Post in the Acquisitions threads. They'll pull the fangs in when you are established as a "real" person - we do get a fair amount of trolls passing through here so new people do tend to go through a baptism of fire.

Oh no no no no. [shocked] Pro-tip: Whatever education/training you may have, there are almost certainly people here who are smarter and better-educated than you. And it may be some time before you figure out who they are.

There are also very few professions that will garner automatic respect on this forum. The people here generally grasp the difference between education and training. Being a "medical professional" might indicate you have some degree of the later, but says absolutely nothing about whether or not you have any of the former.

That said, your command of the English language is certainly well-above average for the Internet. Congrats on that; you would likely not have been immediately Scriv'd back in the classic era of NES.

The guys are slipping. Someone references a good looking female and NO ONE posts:

[pics]

Wow. Yikes, she really did rub y'all the wrong way huh?

- - - Updated - - -

And that sir, is what we refer to as a "tell." [rofl]
I'm wanting to see pics of the shoes myself [wink]

I'm a medical professional (and clearly better educated than you)

Well, I'm a "medical professional" as well. I spent all day poking medical records with a stick and chasing people around for more documents to generate profiles. Given that I'm a high school graduate with a year of college, I'm going to say that I'm not impressed at your declaration of "I'm a medical professional".

only I'm betting I'm a hell of a lot better looking!

Weird, I have modeled, and I smoke about a pack a day. Until you can back up claims with facts and supporting evidence, I'm going to go with the old adage "The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

This.

May this haunt your dreams forever.

nuIx1C6.jpg

NEGGED, YOU SOB! I hope you choke on something :\

...dick.

Last edited:
I'm a medical professional (and clearly better educated than you) and for personal as well as professional reasons I don't wish to walk out of a club, after enjoying some hard earned free time, and having my clothes, hair, skin, etc stink like cigarettes.

Well educated does not equal intelligence. And we have some pretty smart cookies here on NES.

To the guys I just gave infractions to in this thread, keep it up and you won't be posting any longer.

... I'm a medical professional (and clearly better educated than you) ...

Clearly, the random stuff flung your way BEFORE this comment was unwarranted... but you'll find that your statement that you are clearly better educated than the forum members will greatly endear you to the forum members :) Remember to listen next time when Nicole tells you you just laid a big egg, OK?

And seriously - if you try to pick a fight with everybody who makes a less than desirable comment, you'll be up to thousands of posts in a few months. Take the useful, ignore most of the bad stuff, squash a few selected bugs and you'll enjoy the forum a lot. And as namedpipes suggests... become a green member and join the NES member in real life events - we tend to be on our best behavior in real life events.

Clearly, the random stuff flung your way BEFORE this comment was unwarranted... but you'll find that your statement that you are clearly better educated than the forum members will greatly endear you to the forum members :) Remember to listen next time when Nicole tells you you just laid a big egg, OK?

And seriously - if you try to pick a fight with everybody who makes a less than desirable comment, you'll be up to thousands of posts in a few months. Take the useful, ignore most of the bad stuff, squash a few selected bugs and you'll enjoy the forum a lot. And as namedpipes suggests... become a green member and join the NES member in real life events - we tend to be on our best behavior in real life events.

Moving into strange territory here....

A while back I was attacked by the same mentality right here on NES of what has been seen here. It's the Internet. [rofl] Green or black had nothing to do with it. I've met some very nice people and there are a few I DGAF if I ever meet. Truth is I'm too old to GAF and I'm not changing. Internet keyboard cowboys are everywhere.

I've never seen an argument on a range.

Centralville sportsman club in Dracut.
I am not a member however I shoot at the club often with a buddy. I have never seen someone at the indoor or outdoor range smoking nor in the club house. Nothing reeks of butt's or smoke.

can we please get back to the op--stiletto high heeled women on the firing line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom