Looking for a new range toy

PL-52

NES Member
In my own little world, minding my own business
Lately I have been looking for a Pre-Ban Colt AR in 9MM, Never owned one or even shot or held one. Can some one who has give me pros and cons of this caliber in this format. I have seen several on Gunbroker in the price range I'm thinking will be what I'd spend for one. I own several Colt Pre-ban .223 rifles already so I'm fairly familiar with there nuances.

I have one and love it. Great range toy with cheap ammo, little recoil, and easy to maintain. I put a 3x prism scope on it - makes range visits fun.

Last edited:
I have one as well. Eats any 9mm ammo, even the cheapest crap and still shoots great. No kick at all at this caliber.

What's your budget? Can you list the pre-ban non LE ones on gunbroker that a MA dealer would take in for transfer?

Last edited:
What's your budget? Can you list the pre-ban non LE ones on gunbroker that a MA dealer would take in for transfer?

Probably easier to find a local private sale, but I do see them pop up from time to time on various used guns sections of FFLs.

I can spend up to $1500 for what I'm looking for, Rifle and 1 or 2 mags. Then start a new search for pre-ban mags

Keep in mind that true Colt pre-ban 20 and 32 round magazines can be hideously expensive if you’re in MA. Check out our own WTS-Accessories subforum for a range of prices.

Save your money and just buy an upper.
Then buy some MEAN ARMS mag adapters.
The adapters go inside the standard P magazine and then are adjustable for round capacity for your state’s limits.

Can you Mass guys have mag bodies that are empty?
Is there such thing as preban PMags?

I try to help but the MA laws are Greek to me.

RC

See NES forum WTS/WTT
Tony Montana has new old stock pre ban Colt 32 round mags for $ 100
lowest price I have seen

Happy Veterans Day!

I'm not having much luck finding my fishing reel either 1573497439273.png1573497480243.png1573497379117.png

I had one but my son stole it. It was much quieter than the .223, had less recoil and was very accurate. It's a blowback so doesn't use a gas system.

There are many better alternatives. Like the Scorpion and the MPX.

Lately I have been looking for a Pre-Ban Colt AR in 9MM, Never owned one or even shot or held one. Can some one who has give me pros and cons of this caliber in this format. I have seen several on Gunbroker in the price range I'm thinking will be what I'd spend for one. I own several Colt Pre-ban .223 rifles already so I'm fairly familiar with there nuances.

There are many better alternatives. Like the Scorpion and the MPX.

I have both a MPX and a Colt AR-9, and they are different. I'm curious as to why you think the MPX is a better alternative? Serious question - not a jab or anything of that nature.

The MPX and the Scorpion are modern designs and well proven. If you want to collect rifles then a Colt AR 9 would be a nice rifle to have. I have an Uzi I built from a demilled Israeli parts kit. It is a blast and very iconic, but i wouldnt use it for anything but range fun. I would put the Colt in that category. I have an MPX 9mm and it is a very different animal. I would use it to defend myself and feel confident it would do the job.

I have both a MPX and a Colt AR-9, and they are different. I'm curious as to why you think the MPX is a better alternative? Serious question - not a jab or anything of that nature.

Back
Top Bottom