• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

looking for a new range/club in southeastern MA

"There are a few indoor ranges that allow pistol. Acushnet and New Bedford (Bolton street) have them but with restrictions.

Myself I shoot at Sippican in Rochester. Right now are cut off time for shooting is 7pm. It changes throughout the year depending on sunset."

What are the restrictions at Bolton St. in New Bedford?

Last edited:
"There are a few indoor ranges that allow pistol. Acushnet and New Bedford (Bolton street) have them but with restrictions.

Myself I shoot at Sippican in Rochester. Right now are cut off time for shooting is 7pm. It changes throughout the year depending on sunset."

What are the restrictions at Bolton St. in New Bedford?

Its been years since I was there but i'm pretty sure jacketed ammo isn't allowed and no rifles over 22 cal.

I'm still a newbie, so reloading is out for me. Where do you get bare lead ammo? Local gun shops carry it?

You don't find it often. Typically only from some local reloading company, most of whom I don't trust. The answer is either start reloading or shoot somewhere else.

After the long delay finally got my LTC and I am going to get the first of many guns this weekend. This means it's time for me to head back to Taunton. Though last time I was there was not the best. I walked in to few people sitting around the main room and was asked what I was doing, I said I was interested in joining and they pointed me to the then empty range and did not say anything else. I went in and checked it out and came out looking to ask more questions but was basically ignored, so I left.

I am big on first impressions and that one was far from stellar, but I am going to try and visit again. If it goes the same way I will just find another place to go.

After the long delay finally got my LTC and I am going to get the first of many guns this weekend. This means it's time for me to head back to Taunton. Though last time I was there was not the best. I walked in to few people sitting around the main room and was asked what I was doing, I said I was interested in joining and they pointed me to the then empty range and did not say anything else. I went in and checked it out and came out looking to ask more questions but was basically ignored, so I left.

I am big on first impressions and that one was far from stellar, but I am going to try and visit again. If it goes the same way I will just find another place to go.

Andy,

The club has well over 1500 members and you may have walked in on a group that was having a private conversation. I would call ahead and talk to one of the club officers and set up a time for a tour. You can't gain entrance to the club without a magnetic card so you will likely stand around waiting and nobody will just let in to walk around since most people, like me go there to shoot and probably will not have time to show you around.

It is a good club, don't let that "group" of folks ruin your opinion.

I went back tonight, met with Eric and got the full tour. Everyone was really nice this time and I will be sending out my application soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom