• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a new fixed blade for work

I've read just about all I can on knives and checked out all local stores and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a fixed blade knife I can attach to my belt But not pointed down at the ground. I'm looking for a holster that rides along the belt to the knife sits sideways Prefer a plastic type(kydex) but willing to go cloth or leather.

I carried a kershaw leek in my pocket and it was a wee to small but I liked it. Down side I'd lose them cuz they would fall out of my pocket OFTEN.

I'm thinking a knife like this will work well and be out of the way. I do landscaping so theres alot of movement and need for a knife

Any price considered

What size/weight/blade shape/price range?

Also, depending on what you get, if the knife comes with a kydex sheath, chances are you can use a tek-lok to mount it to your belt. If the holes are in the right places on the sheath, you can mount a tek-lok at just about any angle on it.

Additionally, I used to carry a cold steel spike on my belt. I used a ~2ft length of 550 cord and a reasonably elaborate knot to put it on my belt.

I was unaware about the connection with the kydex.

For size. Maybe sub 5 inch blade.

Total length sub 10 ish.
Nothing set in concrete.

Contact Michael Spangler, he is on the board and makes incredible knives. The one he made for me was done with a kydex sheath.

I'm kinda digging this style. Gerber lmf. But I think it may be lil big. And not really the holster I am looking for

47b89663-b50c-43ec.jpg

Contact Michael Spangler, he is on the board and makes incredible knives. The one he made for me was done with a kydex sheath.

Well yeah, there's always this. I'm more or less certain I've met Mike...and if he's the one I'm thinking of, he's a good dude. Either way, his knives are pretty damn good.

I'd go with either a Mike Spangler custom or an RJ martin 4" Rampage, take a look at PML knives also.... Got to support the local talent

Last edited:
What's the price range on his knives

Because this is still a knife for work it will get dirty wet and be used often. Not looking to spend 500

twinbrook86 - if you like the Kershaw Leek then why not have some one make a neck sheath for it? Many guys use a ss chain and the sheath is made of Kydex or Concealex. Mike Sastre of Ohio makes super neck sheaths and I consider him one of the best at it. He makes certain stock sizes or can make a custom one for you as well!

http://www.rivercitysheaths.com/photo.htm

If you contact him tell him I said hello. ;)

Lots of great knife makers out there - really comes down to your budget and patience (waiting several months is normal - some cases years, lol). Nothing wrong w/ factory brands stuff either. What style are you looking for - send me a pm.

Have you seen the Ka-bar TDI? That fits the bill, although made more like a defensive weapon than a utility knife. They're about $60.

I went with a Esee 3s.

Once I get it used it for a bit I'll post a review. Lil expensive at 100 plus 15 for a tek lok but fits the bill for what I was looking for to a T

Back
Top Bottom