• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a manufacture date on a Smith & Wesson Model 10...

OfficerObie59

NES Member
Looking for a date on an old Smith and Wesson Model 10-5 I picked up recently in a FTF dealer-transfer; serial is C700XXX. From what I learned, the gun dates to sometime in the 1960's, so I need to find out the specific year to see whether I need to enter that sucker into my C&R book.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Perhaps my Google-Fu sucks, but I wasn't able to find anything except people referencing a book that I should buy to find one f***ing serial number.

Last edited:
Looking for a date on an old Smith and Wesson Model 10-5 I picked up recently in a FTF dealer-transfer; serial is C700XXX. From what I learned, the gun dates to sometime in the 1960's, so I need to find out the specific year to see whether I need to enter that sucker into my C&R book.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Perhaps my Google-Fu sucks, but I wasn't able to find anything except people referencing a book that I should buy to find one f***ing serial number.

1963 - 1965 C622700 - C810532

You can get the year and the month from the Smith Wesson Forum (if you are a member) it is a service Roy Jinks provides.

If you PM me the serial number and barrel length and finish I will put it in for you.

Back
Top Bottom