• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a lighweight concealed carry jacket

With the warmer weather upon us I have started to look for a lightweight carry jacket. I would like something with an inside chest pocket where I could carry either my snubby or the PPK/S. Sadly, the jackets I have seen are either fugly or they scream "HEY, CHECK ME OUT! I AM CARRYING A GUN!" I like the Sig jackets but those seem to be for colder weather.

Any suggestions?

There have been a lot of articles written about this. The gun will tend to sag the garment if it's only in a pocket and it's lightweight fabric. Even airweight models are hard to hide in a pocket of a light jacket. And it's hard to draw in a hurry. The consensus seems to be to wear a good belt holster, either IWB or OWB, the flatter the better, and then an outer garment that hangs well over it. Besides jackets and vests, an oversize sweatshirt or cotton sweater in a dark color are good choices. One size larger than my normal size and the tall option to keep it from riding up are what work for me. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom