Delete found

Benchmade has a nice line,

OP is looking for a personal steak knife though, not a set, right? Just a single knife?

Folding?

Benchmade has a nice line,

Aren't we still boycotting them?

Check out my post in the Your new knife thread.
Guy I know through work made me a beautiful piece well within your price range. Could probably pull something off with a little more zing for what you’re willing to spend and it would be one of a kind, hand made in the US.
JLW Blades.

From years of camping and RVing, we found the best steak knives were properly sharpened Mora knives. We each have one we bring out for steak, unless guests are here, then we use "normal" steak knives.

Maybe you saw a decimal point in his price range that wasn't there? [laugh]

I get it, I’m just sort of fascinated by the topic of a single, personal steak knife. I have a set of Global steak knives at home that I picked up cheap and that are great but I wouldn’t travel with one of them. I also have a wood handled Henckels knife with my name engraved on it that my bro gave me as a groomsmen’s gift but meh. Would it be a folding knife? Traveling with it?

I’ve been using Lamson (formerly Lamsonsharp) knives for years. Made in MA, free sharpening for life, and well made.

I have some Lamson knives got them at their outlet store in Shelbourne Falls I like them as well.

ADD: We have some Cutco as well my wife likes those you could also have a one off custom knife made for that kind of money from a bladesmith

A little off topic, but. Has anyone gone out to the Dexter factory outlet recently? I need a good boning knife and maybe a fillet knife. I’m sure they have steak knives as well.

This is a serious dedication to meat… I had no idea such a thing or concept existed.

I now want a personal steak knife, damnit
I was just going to post the same thing.

Didn't realize a "personal steak knife" was even a thing. I'm just picturing someone heading into a restaurant and when thr waitress brings the steak knives for people that ordered steak a guy going "no thanks.....I travel with my own" and pulling a personalized steak knife out of a sheath on his belt" 😂

I was just going to post the same thing.

Didn't realize a "personal steak knife" was even a thing. I'm just picturing someone heading into a restaurant and when thr waitress brings the steak knives for people that ordered steak a guy going "no thanks.....I travel with my own" and pulling a personalized steak knife out of a sheath on his belt" 😂
I’ve seen actual posts or threads here in the past about this exactly. lol Mounted right next to the suspenders, Fanny pack, some kind of amazing (Amazon) Chinese $10.00 flashlight, belt mounted micro tool kit in case and a tip calculator and a pair of crocs. [laugh]

Once you have sharp things, you gotta keep them sharp. I was a Arkansas Wetstone guy since a Boy Scout but switched to a Ken Onion belt sharpening system a few years back. It does pen knives and scissors to lawn mower and axe blades as well as everything in between. Well worth the expense.

242CAD0C-2C9C-466A-A99B-87A7A94F9DD4.jpeg

I have some Lamson knives got them at their outlet store in Shelbourne Falls I like them as well.

ADD: We have some Cutco as well my wife likes those you could also have a one off custom knife made for that kind of money from a bladesmith
i 2nd Lamson outlet. have some beautiful knives from them. and its a great road trip out there too.

there is a knife outlet in freeport maine too, down near the railroad tracks. but i go there for CHEAP quality knives, not for one off cost-is-no-object steak knife.

Once you have sharp things, you gotta keep them sharp. I was a Arkansas Wetstone guy since a Boy Scout but switched to a Ken Onion belt sharpening system a few years back. It does pen knives and scissors to lawn mower and axe blades as well as everything in between. Well worth the expense.

View attachment 711135
back when i was into it, i bought a Tormak sharpener. big stone that is water dipped on each pass

Back
Top Bottom