Looking for a holster suggestion.

Galco ankle glove is pretty much the only choice for ankle holsters.

If you want a holster for IWB it needs to be kydex, period. No leather or hybrid holsters, they suck, the holster needs to stay open after you draw in order to be able to safely re holster. Kydex is the only thing that works for that. This is incredibly important for AIWB, you dont want to shoot your balls off or shoot your femoral artery. Most serious training schools won't even allow anything but a kydex holster.

I have an ankle holster for the Chiefs special that's made by S&W, and I've never seen another one anywhere. Can't even find anything about them on the web. Closest thing I could ever compare it to is vintage Jay Pee ankle holsters like this one:

sw.jpg

Mine's very similar but it's marked S&W, and the quality/ shaping of the leather is higher quality. It's the best ankle holster I've ever used so if you can find something like that for your snubby, I'd say it's your best bet (if you're sticking to the no kydex rule).

If you want a holster for IWB it needs to be kydex, period. No leather or hybrid holsters, they suck, the holster needs to stay open after you draw in order to be able to safely re holster. Kydex is the only thing that works for that. This is incredibly important for AIWB, you dont want to shoot your balls off or shoot your femoral artery. Most serious training schools won't even allow anything but a kydex holster.
Maybe that’s true for revolvers, I have no idea.
Definitely NOT true for semi’s. I have an iwb leather holster that I’ve used for 10+ years, carrying 2-4 days per week. Not a problem reholstering. Just ordered a new one for my fall trip to new Hampshire. Going to carry the full size this year.
Oh, Don Hume is the make.
H715-M WCS

Milt Sparks VM II - carried IWB 3 - 4 o'clock strong side pretty much everyday for close to 10 years - IMO the most comfortable holster made. The top of the holster has a steel band sewn in that keeps the mouth of the holster open after you've drawn the firearm.

1617629518566.png

Also a fan of leather though not much experience with kydex. I don't get the hang up with reholstering. Maybe for training and games but when will one handed reholstering be needed in real life? I'm not a cop who will be detaining anyone. Not that the majority of my holsters aren't capable of reholstering.

I just ordered this holster for my 640. It reviews very well and I have their tanker holster from my 1911. Good product.
When I worked in LE I tried the ankle holster and I couldn't get used to it. I carried my 640 in a belly band and nestled it underarm between the front and rear armor carriers. That worked really well for me.

Been using something similar to this for years for a p238 but not appendix. Works well and is comfortable.

i tried several but did not like them - i use a simple iwb kydex for a p365 with tlr-6, but would like one with a pocket for an additional magazine, and for some reason anything i tried so far was really uncomfortable.
any suggestions - what worked well for you? i want a kydex insert for the gun, do not want a collapsible leather there, rest of the holster material does not matter.
it is not critical, but, would be better to have 20 rds on your body than just 10.

crossbreed IWB work well for me. i like the horse hide. At this point they are old school and one of the early ones to come out with that set up. Get the combat cut (or save a few $$ can cut it yourself)

Kusiak makes a nice thin leather holster that is stiff like kydex and you can get it with a magazine holder.
Leather is not for me, unfortunately, I like kydex as it never collapses and I get some foam inside that holds gun well, just used to it. A kydex insert in leather would work… it is not too important, anyway, I can live with what I have.

As mentioned above Kusiak Leather and DeSantis mine scabbed , both companies make great low profile and well made holsters . I have the " Old Fashion" IWB Kusiak for my 3"1911 and the OWB Mini Scabbard DeSantis for my mod.36 & 49 S&W snubs.

AIWB holster , I like leather , leather has to be on the thin side but strong enough to stay open for holstering , I have a great IWB holster which I appendix carry , no cant , no name listed on holster . It doesn't have extra size has the shape of the revolver .Fits my S&W 36 and 49 perfect , been using it for years. Never liked ankle rigs , bad knees.

Back
Top Bottom