looking for a good wood gun cabinet/case

Golddiggie

NES Member
Title basically says it all. I'm looking for a nice/good wooden gun cabinet/case that I can put my rifles and pistols into. I'm not looking for a safe (NH doesn't require keeping things under locks, and I have no children here). I'm not opposed to having a pair of cabinets to hold what I have (and expect to get over the coming few years). Which means capacity for about a dozen rifles and a dozen pistols. I have a space that's about 4' wide (at 6' height) where this can be placed. If two, then I have more placement options.

I'm not looking for something that's made with pressed wood. Solid wood construction only. I'd prefer hardwood, but willing to consider others (as long as it's solid and nice). If there's a custom maker that someone knows about (that does good work), I'd like to know. Willing to travel up to [around] an hour from Pelham, NH to get this. Would prefer someone based in NH (no sales tax ;)) but could consider going into the PRM or into ME if needed.

I looked online a bit and see that Cabela's has something in the range of what I'm looking for, but I'd prefer to not shop at one of those stores. ;) Hoping that I can keep this to no more than a grand either for all the guns, or at least the rifles and then get something for the pistols that could be a lower cost.

If I get this from a store, I'll probably do something to put electricity inside (outlets) so that I can power a dehumidifier as well as LED lights. If custom made, I'm sure I can get the hole(s) placed into it for that easily enough. Where I'm thinking of placing this, there's electrical outlets in that same area. If I go to the secondary location, then I'll probably need to run an extension cord (no outlet on that wall).

I've already sent a message to Q-Line Design about this. Q is out getting his master's degree for the next several months. So it would probably be a year before anything would even be planned. I'd rather not wait THAT long. Especially since most of my guns are sitting in carry cases right now (sold my old gun cabinet/safe a while ago).

You could call Jack at Cherrystone Furniture in Littleton and have something custom made. A mix of woods can look rather nice. They made a nice set of living room tables for me using a cherry frame (with hidden draws) and legs with maple tops.

Thought...Build your own. If you don't have the capacity, I assure you I can custom build it for you. Time is the issue. This is my busy season.

Thought...Build your own. If you don't have the capacity, I assure you I can custom build it for you. Time is the issue. This is my busy season.
PM sent the other day... I can be patient if it means getting something I'll be happy with. Hell, I've gone many months since my old cabinet went to the neighbor.

My interim plan is to put the cases holding my firearms into the closet that currently holds my VMware host and associated hardware. Basically because I'll be relocating that gear into the finished basement room this weekend. I got a cable long enough to run from my router to that room, inside the house, so it won't be any issue. Had to get a 75' cable since the 50' cable I had was a few feet too short. Plus the extra length will allow me to better route it. It will be mostly out of view, or at least not a tripping hazard by the time I'm done. ;)

Saw one on Western MA craigslist under "sporting." In Wilbraham, not far from the Palmer Masspike exit. Asking $80.

Saw one on Western MA craigslist under "sporting." In Wilbraham, not far from the Palmer Masspike exit. Asking $80.
That's further than I'd want to go from Pelham... About 100 miles (and 1-1/2+ hours) each way for something that is a chance?? Nah, pass.

I'll hold out for a reply to my PM to Jamie first... Besides, I'm not seeing any single cabinet (on CL) that would do the job. So my options would be either getting two (not opposed to that) or getting something made to spec. I'll probably start looking more actively after the holidays, or in January.

$100 on FB it’s in Billerica

Attachments

• 8C635C68-BE15-4E6A-B6CD-BA9467BA0E8E.png
    8C635C68-BE15-4E6A-B6CD-BA9467BA0E8E.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 30
Not on fecebooker and don't ever intend to be. So any postings from there are worthless. As for the 'Smithsonian' comment... FO. I'm in a free state where I have zero need to lock my guns up like in the PRM. I want a way to display them and [basically] keep dust off of them.

Not on fecebooker and don't ever intend to be. So any postings from there are worthless. As for the 'Smithsonian' comment... FO. I'm in a free state where I have zero need to lock my guns up like in the PRM. I want a way to display them and [basically] keep dust off of them.
I know a lot of people aren’t on FacePlant no biggie. If the piece in Billerica was something you were interested in I would gladly reach out and get their contact info for you.

Back
Top Bottom