Looking for a good small revolver

I shot a friend's SW AirWeight a few weeks ago, never felt a gun bite my hand like that.

I have a Ruger LCRx in 38+P, I'm not a huge fan of DAO small revolvers w/ shrouded hammers but I understand why they make them. This is my office back up gun, staged when I'm in the office alone (my EDC is in a pop out safe under my desk). Some days my office manager doesn't carry (Dr Appts before work, etc.) and she'll put it in the pop out safe under her desk.

Attachments

• 5430.jpg
    5430.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 9
M&P 340 is the best combination of weight, shooting ability, and sight picture, in my humble opinion. Apex trigger kit really cleans it up.

I'm showing my age but a good Model 60 with Pachmayer grips has always been my favorite

If you don't want the larger grip a Tyler T filler helps with the grip

the 642 did nothing for me..... I like the hammer exposed

I don't know if I would feed an older J frame a steady diet of +P but it can be done....

A close second, but a K frame would be a short barrel Model 13 or 19 with Pachmayer grips, but with the warning that with good .357 ammo it is a wrist snapper with the stock grips

I’ve been trying to talk my mom into getting a little revolver for her house, prolly just be a .22 or .32, something to at least make someone at the door think twice if she lets fly. She lives alone off a dirt road up in Maine. 87yrs old and said she’s seriously thinking about it lately.

Does she need anything besides a Maine DL to purchase something /keep in house up there?

I’ve been trying to talk my mom into getting a little revolver for her house, prolly just be a .22 or .32, something to at least make someone at the door think twice if she lets fly. She lives alone off a dirt road up in Maine. 87yrs old and said she’s seriously thinking about it lately.

Does she need anything besides a Maine DL to purchase something /keep in house up there?

As long as it has her current address, that is the sole document she needs.

Help her pick one out.

if that hard-cast bullet misses them, the flame thrown would likely incinerate the perp….and their car…and the house behind them….
And if the flame doesn't do the job, the 30 grains of unburnt powder will blind them.

You can't go wrong with that BFR.

I bring solutions to problems.

[/thread]

That was my take from his comment as well. Maybe he is looking for something like the 351pd in 22mag???

160228-mp-OnWhite-Right.png
Love mine. .22 WMR is more reliable than .22 LR in my experience. Probably put 500 rounds through my 351PD and cannot recall a single failure.

At that range he could have used a butter knife with the same result. [smile]
Mine is like brand new. I think never used. Little Jack has had his eye on it for a while now, so one of these days--------. Seems like every time his b'day comes around my collection shrinks. Jack.

Get behind me ya dumb varmint....
1669930747309.png

Back
Top Bottom