Looking for a good small revolver

Just something I always wanted I will want to change the grips the Taurus ultra light any other good suggestions

Just something I always wanted I will want to change the grips the Taurus ultra light any other good suggestions
Welcome to NES

My suggestion would be to stay away from Taurus.

This has a 2-1/2" barrel.
44 special through this would be very manageable and makes a big ole hole. lol

1669863940884.png

znd151ipvtg01.jpg

Correct. No better gun for the money to toss in a pocket. Don't get a Hillary hole if you can.

If you want something a little bigger and can lug out 357s, the Ruger SP101 is another good call. They came out with a polished Match Champion version or you can get the normal matte steel version to further custom pimp out to your liking as well.

20180725_211843_1532567940741.jpg
The-engraving-work-on-this-pistol-is-beautiful-also-note-the-shrouded-ejection-rod-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 692718

Correct. No better gun for the money to toss in a pocket. Don't get a Hillary hole if you can.

If you want something a little bigger and can lug out 357s, the Ruger SP101 is another good call. They came out with a polished Match Champion version or you can get the normal matte steel version to further custom pimp out to your liking as well.

View attachment 692720
View attachment 692722
Do you know who makes those grips on the J frame you posted?

View attachment 692718

View attachment 692720
View attachment 692722

Hard to go wrong with a zs&W or a Ruger.

Generally, my EDC‘s are a M&P shield in 45 and a Ruger LCR in 38 Depending on what I am, wearing, doing and whether or not I’m just going out for a quick errand.

Welcome,

Bob

Smith and Wesson 340pd. Super lite, no hammer to grab on cloths when pulling. 38 for punching paper, 357 for Carry. Hard to find but I see there’s one in the classifieds now, like new for a great price 😏

Are you saying you want a small caliber (round size) revolver?
That was my take from his comment as well. Maybe he is looking for something like the 351pd in 22mag???

160228-mp-OnWhite-Right.png

I have a bias towards a 642 as I've carried one for 20 years. You can find a "lock free" version or if need be have the lock removed and they make a plug. I had a mild trigger job done and have Crimson Trace grips, but my eyes don't work as well as when I started with it. There is no benefit of a .357 over a 38 spl in a 2" barrel unless you like flash and extra recoil, but that is your choice.

Smith and Wesson 340pd. Super lite, no hammer to grab on cloths when pulling. 38 for punching paper, 357 for Carry. Hard to find but I see there’s one in the classifieds now, like new for a great price 😏
The Snubbie From Hell? Oh, HELL no! I fired two shots out of JayG's... and handed it back to him.

These days I carry a 640 Pro - stainless steel with boot grips. Heavy enough I can shoot .357 without crying like a little girl, and accurate. Only thing I disliked about it was the trigger pull sucked rocks. A spring kit from M*Carbo fixed that right up. Lighter trigger pull and 100% reliable.

Back
Top Bottom