looking for a glock 26 holster

How are you looking to carry it? I've been okay with mega cheapo holsters, good with a Crossbreed. Now, let me say right up front I have no idea how you're looking to carry, but the G-26 isn't a duty piece, so I wouldn't be concerned with retention. If it's a concealed carry piece, and your holster retention features come into play, you're doing it wrong. Don't mean to be blunt, but is what it is. Duty holster - retention gizmos potentially useful. CCW holster - retention gizmos shouldn't be a consideration. Weapon is either concealed or bore is being inspected (and not the cool way).

IWB? I'd take a good luck at the Crossbreed. OWB? No idea, dude. Sorry.

Last edited:
How are you looking to carry it? I've been okay with mega cheapo holsters, good with a Crossbreed. Now, let me say right up front I have no idea how you're looking to carry, but the G-26 isn't a duty piece, so I wouldn't be concerned with retention. If it's a concealed carry piece, and your holster retention features come into play, you're doing it wrong. Don't mean to be blunt, but is what it is. Duty holster - retention gizmos potentially useful. CCW holster - retention gizmos shouldn't be a consideration. Weapon is either concealed or bore is being inspected (and not the cool way).

IWB? I'd take a good luck at the Crossbreed. OWB? No idea, dude. Sorry.

This.

DUH!

I forget this early in the morning...

We have a very good holster maker on NES, Andy Langlois! YOu should contact him, I'll bet he can make a very good holster for a good price.

http://www.shottist.com/

Last edited:
I've had very good luck with this Don HUme holster for my G26.

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=35

excellent holster IMO. i also have a P.C.C.H for my G19 and i like it... i also have a comp-tac c-tac and i like it too.

i'm a holster whore [smile]

another good one is the cross-breed supertuck... i don't have one for my glocks, but it's an excellent design, similar to the comp-tac m-tac...

for OWB level 1: blackhawk serpa... i have three of those... they are good with jackets or at the range....

I am real happy with my Cross Breed Super Tucks for IWB. I have a couple of Galco Concealed Carry for OWB and these are what I use most of the time. If I am just kickin around the house or am carrying in cold weather I like my Galco Miami Classic 2 shoulder holster.

I have a Blackhawk Serpa but dont use it often. I like it, but the Galcos are more concealable. It is however, a very secure way to carry. You could hang upside down by your knees and your firearm will stay on your waist.

Buy right and cry once. Brommeland Max Con V, sold as the Isotope 7 by Secret City Weaponeers:

DSC01219.jpg

I've had many holsters including a Crossbreed Supertuck. Worst holster I've ever bought, by far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been pretty happy with mine. What didn't you like about it?

The clips sucked, the retention was excessive and not adjustable, the leather flap that a) hindered access to the gun's grip until trimmed off (no serious holster should sacrifice access for comfort, ever) and b) got in the way of reholstering because it lacks rigidity.

IDK why I see a distinct liking for SIGs, Rugers, Crossbreeds, and the .40 S&W in this forum. Must be a New England thing.

The clips sucked, the retention was excessive and not adjustable, the leather flap that a) hindered access to the gun's grip until trimmed off (no serious holster should sacrifice access for comfort, ever) and b) got in the way of reholstering because it lacks rigidity.

IDK why I see a distinct liking for SIGs, Rugers, Crossbreeds, and the .40 S&W in this forum. Must be a New England thing.

I really don't have any of those complaints with my Crossbreed. I have never had an issue with reholstering or retention. Perhaps the results vary with the gun and body type

I do like my SIGs and all of them are in .40[grin]

IDK why I see a distinct liking for SIGs, Rugers...and the .40 S&W in this forum. Must be a New England thing.

Take a look at the list of EOPS/AG approved handguns in Mass., it'll make more sense then.

Am going to go to some stores on sunday to see what they have because am not trying to get one of online and wait.

I hate to break the news, but unless you are going to drive up to Kittery, you will probably be disappointed in the holster selection at most stores.

Brand new they are under 60 bucks. Enter coupon code NRA at check out. The Glock is a pretty popular model. Probably have it in a couple of weeks.

Four Seasons probably has a decent Kydex Holster in stock for short money until it comes in and to get you through

I seem to recall reading posts where First Defense in Uxbridge keeps Crossbreeds in stock. I
ve never been there myself though so I can't verify that, maybe someone else can.

Back
Top Bottom