• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a decent hunting spot. not looking to intrude on your turf.

B

bigbear383

anyone know of a good place i could go scout up and leave a stand or two saftley. im sick of thefts on stands. and its usually antis who do it i think. i need to get out soon and scout. ive only been huntign 2 years and looking for as much insight as possible. looking for stoughton, canton, easton, area. pref. stoughton thanks

a lil too far but thanks. i was gonna do the quabbin hunt but seems like a waste seeing is how many people go and the limited scouting

a lil too far but thanks. i was gonna do the quabbin hunt but seems like a waste seeing is how many people go and the limited scouting

No real need to scout the Quabbin.....they are everywhere there. If you hunt Quabbin and come back empty handed, you didn't bring ammo for your gun.
Besides, If I remember correctly, you are placed in an area in which you must stay for the day......not much need to scout, just sit and wait.

Unless you are lucky enough to have the perfect spot you will leave human scent where you place your stand the first day. In other words, you don't want to go back. Most stands that are stolen are taken by angry landowners or dishonest fellow hunters.

I meant (I guess I even SAID) West of the Quabbin, as a general direction. I guess I could have said West of Route 31, which I think the state still uses as a dividing line. For that matter West of I-190 would work pretty well for you.

Back
Top Bottom