Looking for a coach in Central Mass

Hi folks
Really starting to love Trap.
Does anybody know of any good coaches in the Central Mass area? I’ve been going to North Leominster to shoot, but am definitely willing to drive wherever.
I’m looking specifically for somebody who specifically coaches/gives lessons.
Any help is appreciated in finding somebody. My google searches have not yeilded much.
My next move is email a trap association or the club to see if they have recs.

Thanks all

Auburn Sportsmans club does trap Sunday morning and is open to the public. No actual coach per say just friendly advise.

Thanks. I’m getting lots of good friendly advice now at N Leominster, and sometimes it’s a bit much. I just want to work with an actual coach for some 1-1 time.

OP:

What level of "coaching" are you looking for?

Are you trying to get your 25 Straight patch, or are you trying to get into the A Class at the state shoot?

What is your current average?

What is your current gun?

If you're just getting into it, and shoot at North Leominster, have you asked the clay-crushers on the line for pointers? In my experience, most Trapezoids are happy to help a newcomer. New shooters get plenty of help (when they ask, we're generally not pushy) at my Club. Most others are the same.

If you're more advanced, then professional coaching may be in order.

My general adage is: when one target out of 100 makes a real difference in your life, then go for the specialized equipment (and, in this case, coaching). Until you're there, an 870 or 1100 (or whatever you have) will be plenty, and as for coaching, an experienced Trap shooter watching your stance, and swing, and follow-through may be enough.

If you really want to get into it, Join ATA and M(ass)ATA, and shoot some registered shoots. You can join ATA online (shootata.com).

Enjoy the Orange kool-aid! [rofl]

OP:

What level of "coaching" are you looking for?

Are you trying to get your 25 Straight patch, or are you trying to get into the A Class at the state shoot?

What is your current average?

What is your current gun?

If you're just getting into it, and shoot at North Leominster, have you asked the clay-crushers on the line for pointers? In my experience, most Trapezoids are happy to help a newcomer. New shooters get plenty of help (when they ask, we're generally not pushy) at my Club. Most others are the same.

If you're more advanced, then professional coaching may be in order.

My general adage is: when one target out of 100 makes a real difference in your life, then go for the specialized equipment (and, in this case, coaching). Until you're there, an 870 or 1100 (or whatever you have) will be plenty, and as for coaching, an experienced Trap shooter watching your stance, and swing, and follow-through may be enough.

If you really want to get into it, Join ATA and M(ass)ATA, and shoot some registered shoots. You can join ATA online (shootata.com).

Enjoy the Orange kool-aid! [rofl]

Hey Happy. You actually helped me with some gun questions via PM a while back.
I have both an 870 and an 1100.
Not really concerned about guns for now. I’m a beginner for sure. But while the regular shooter throwing pointers is certainly helpful, I find that I learn better by somebody who has experience coaching. It’s one thing to know a lot and share knowledge, but it’s another to know HOW to teach it in a good way.
I learned that I learn better this way by shooting pistols. I had done things on my own and with experienced folks. But when I took a couple lessons through an actual instructor, it was like night and day.
So that’s what I’m hoping to gain from a coach. Somebody who makes a living (or side job) through teaching folks.

Back
Top Bottom