Looking for a bit of info on M1A/SemiAuto M14

Dirtrider357

NES Member
Hello everyone, I was just looking for anyone’s input on a rifle that I was practically given. Her husband had passed away several years ago and its been sitting, well oiled, ever since. She said it was an M1 Garand, which it’s clearly not. It has “U.S. Rifle, 7.62 MM M14 on the rear top of the receiver behind the rear sight, a “Krieger Barrels” stamp, and also “ARMSCORP OF AMERICA, BALTIMORE” under the charging handle. It looks to be in very good condition with very little use. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 7224F651-64CC-4DAD-885A-9E4FA846EA20.jpeg
    7224F651-64CC-4DAD-885A-9E4FA846EA20.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 77
  • 1D85859F-7D19-4E22-B44F-317F4037124F.jpeg
    1D85859F-7D19-4E22-B44F-317F4037124F.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 73
  • C0286535-AE30-4540-860E-21AA49FF30D1.jpeg
    C0286535-AE30-4540-860E-21AA49FF30D1.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 71
  • 14CEB502-66D5-4284-B59D-C74DA6A69EAB.jpeg
    14CEB502-66D5-4284-B59D-C74DA6A69EAB.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 29998B8E-92FD-4D67-9DE0-5257D75CF82E.jpeg
    29998B8E-92FD-4D67-9DE0-5257D75CF82E.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 73
That's not a FA stock, so not a M14, it's an M1A?

The M14 stock has a cut out on the right side toward rear for the fire selector.

3.jpg

Yeah that’s what I gathered by all of 5 minutes of online research, unfortunately I don’t have time tonight to really look into it and tear it down for a good cleaning. I just saw the “m14” stamp in the receiver so I figured it would be good to include.

some google results
armscorp america

The manufacturer called it an M14 but in reality it was/is semi-auto so it's more of an M1A. It will be fun to shoot.

Check out the M14 Forum, tons of folks with heaps of knowledge about the rifle. Just don't tell the guys with the Fulton Armory/LRB rifles they've got M1As, they can get pissy given the premium they've paid for the "M14" stamp. [rofl2]
Very informative forum, but important to note that it's a pretty crusty bunch. The usual ball busting we do here will get you an immediate ban hammer there.

Thanks for all the info/resources everyone. (If I join m14 forum I’ll be sure to watch what I say). I felt I would have been stupid to turn the rifle down for the price. Not to mention I’ve always wanted one. I need to hit the classifieds for some mags, give it a good cleaning and take it out back.

It's a semi-auto version of the M14 made by Armscorp. Just like Springfield Armory's version which is calld the M1A. Yours appears to be a matched-out rifle: hooded rear 1/2minute sight, Krieger barrel, bedded receiver etc.

Call it a semi M14 proudly. As Pat said, Springfield makes M1As - they even have it trademarked.
I and a couple others on the forum have Bula Defense 'M14's'. I think we all started with barreled receivers and either self built the rest or farmed out to a local armorer/smith. Nice forged receivers, semi of course. The roll mark on the heel is indeed 'M14'. Tack drivers all of them and some of us shoot them regularly in competition. OP's Armscorp technically should be even more accurate.

I have a pair of semi M14s but nothing that nice. A Smith Mfg. and another forged one that I’m blanking on the name - 7.62 maybe? Both are semi, all GI parts, and marked M14.

Holy f***, dude...you hit the jackpot! Sorry about your friend though.

Another hand in the cookie jar of the M14 banned camp here...those guys are f***ing gay.
Growing up in a military family with the usual circle of family and friends- I find it hard to believe they could be so thin-skinned and have actually served. They would have been an easy mark for Vietcong psy-ops: "Hey GI Joe! M14 is leftover garbage rifle. M1 had illegitimate baby and accidentally drop on head. Rear lug is stupid fix and no improve your bad shooting."

Very informative forum, but important to note that it's a pretty crusty bunch. The usual ball busting we do here will get you an immediate ban hammer there.
Yup, pretty easy to get tossed from there.

I've no idea whatever it was I did/said but HuntingHawk somehow wound up with a hair across his ass wrt me, just some weird out of the blue shit. He started in on me about whatever getting all aggressive over some inconsequential thing. I got my peepee slapped in PMs from some mods when I told HH he needed to adjust whatever meds he was on because his head was up his ass. I'd venture to guess there was some truth to it even though it was just meant as a snarky comment by me, I had no idea but it seems he wasn't in very good health at the time. Nothing else ever came of it and HH posts and mine got nuked tout suite in the thread to bring the civility back.

It's loosened up a bit since someone bought the forum and a chunk of people got pissed for one reason or the other and left. I hardly even go there any longer myself.

I HATE to read these threads. Pre 1986 I could have bought as many nib M14s (FA) as I wanted to for $595 dealer. Who's to know? Jack.
And now you could trade one or two for a new car. I almost shot one last weekend at Knob Creek, but they were charging $65 for a 20rd mag. I’m ok at that price...I’ll save the dough for brass to feed my 1919a4 if I ever get that going.

Check out the M14 Forum, tons of folks with heaps of knowledge about the rifle. Just don't tell the guys with the Fulton Armory/LRB rifles they've got M1As, they can get pissy given the premium they've paid for the "M14" stamp. [rofl2]

I built one of mine from scratch on a Fulton M21 (M14 sniper) receiver...let me tell you, that thing is extremely accurate despite me having built it!

I REALLY took my time with that project...fitting every single piece to perfection. It’s a hodgepodge of USGI surplus parts, but man is it fun to shoot! I coupled it with a 3x9 SWFA on a Sadlak mount. I really wish it qualified for a vintage sniper match, because I bet I could mop up with it.

I’ll post a pic tomorrow if I can dig it out...it’s been damned to the back of the safe since I got banned from the M14 forum, lol. I’ve only shot one of my M1A’s in the past two years and it was only because I was preparing for the National matches I never even went to...the rest are being punished.

And unless somebody hasn't told you already, don't take that rifle out of the stock unless you've had it out in the rain, or accuracy has gone to shit and you are going to pull the barrel.

Day-in, day-out good/great accuracy for a match M14-type is 1MOA. Don't expect it to shoot any better.

I built one of mine from scratch on a Fulton M21 (M14 sniper) receiver...let me tell you, that thing is extremely accurate despite me having built it!

I REALLY took my time with that project...fitting every single piece to perfection. It’s a hodgepodge of USGI surplus parts, but man is it fun to shoot! I coupled it with a 3x9 SWFA on a Sadlak mount. I really wish it qualified for a vintage sniper match, because I bet I could mop up with it.

I’ll post a pic tomorrow if I can dig it out...it’s been damned to the back of the safe since I got banned from the M14 forum, lol. I’ve only shot one of my M1A’s in the past two years and it was only because I was preparing for the National matches I never even went to...the rest are being punished.
Dont they have a M1a match ?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
While not an M1A, or a standard configuration, I like to brag about this one because I literally had NO idea what I was doing when I built it.

Barrel timed, headspaced, fitted, polished and finished all by my own two dick skinners.

Springfield Armory Stock
Fulton M21 (Investment Cast) Receiver
LRB Criterion Barrel
Bula Bolt
Smith Enterprises Brake
Sadlak Scope Mount
NM Spec Front and Rear Sights
Unitized (Screw and Glue method) Front Gas Cylinder

A little foggy on the rest of the specs, but don’t feel like breaking it down and having to settle it back into the stock. All the rest of the parts are USGI if my memory serves me right though.

Last edited:
They do, but to win any prizes, you need to shoot a M1A. That means a Springfield Armory Inc rifle ONLY. At least thats the way it was a few years ago.
Wow, REALLY?!?! That’s nuts. They didn’t invent the platform, lol...they’re just the only commercial supplier to successfully plagiarize the design into a (relatively) cost effective end product for consumers. Shit like that is what pisses me off about CMP/NRA. Everybody should be allowed to compete for prizes.

Wow, REALLY?!?! That’s nuts. They didn’t invent the platform, lol...they’re just the only commercial supplier to successfully plagiarize the design into a (relatively) cost effective end product for consumers. Shit like that is what pisses me off about CMP/NRA. Everybody should be allowed to compete for prizes.
I think they did invent the original semi-auto version of the platform (one that couldn't be converted to full-auto).

That being said, it's a stupid rule

Back
Top Bottom