• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a barrel

bdb

NES Member
Nothing fancy, 18" or 20" for a new build. I want it for longer range shooting and will put decent optics on it. I am not looking to build a tack driver, just decent accuracy. I want stainless and preferably fluted and has to be a target crown, no threaded muzzle. I'd like to keep it below $300 if possible. I have been looking everywhere for a while now with no luck so if anyone stumbles across one please post up! Thanks.

I did look at that. I did not see a single barrel that was stainless and target crowned. All were threaded. Did I miss something? Basically something like this:

barrel.JPG

I have a 16 in DPMS Super Bull Barrel with a machined in comp (14.5 in actual rifled barrel) if you are interested. It grouped 2.25 in @ 300 yds with 69 gr Sierra bullets. I gave up on it because it is just too heavy.

If you are still looking, I tried everywhere I could think of. Not too many barrels out there like this right now. I have one of the Wilson ones from PSA, but they are all out of stock.

I found one for you though. Its a 16", stainless, fluted, target crowned by Double Star on Brownells. See here.

Back
Top Bottom