• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a 308 semi

So im looking for a 308 semi. All i see is a ptr or m1a. What other options are there in ma.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I vote FAL but only because I have one I built from an STG-58 and Imbel parts pile. Accurate as hell, so much fun to shoot. Built it years before Healey's bullshit.

Well, legally your limited in choices here in MA.
Or Massify a FN SCAR 17..

You could shell out the extra cash for a preban rifle...

The M1A is a cheap choice for a new rifle.

Last edited:
About 2 weeks ago I received my .308 Special Garand from the CMP. It's absolutely gorgeous and a pleasure to shoot. I look forward to hopefully taking a deer with it in VT in the fall.

The cheapest way to go right now would be to get one of the C308s from Century via Classic Firearms (about $500). A PTR is a better option for more $$$, but still on the cheaper side of MA compliance. In that price range, the M1A is a competitor and certainly much better looking. Buy or build an AR-10 if you want accuracy. If you've got the cash, there's not much reason to avoid the Scar.

I have a LMT MWS in CT for sale if you're interested. Find a dealer who will transfer it and massify for you. I can ship next week.

It just takes forever waiting for the 700 action to cycle.

M1 Garand in .308.

I have one of these, James River Armory here in North Carolina, Springfield receiver, 3,17x,xxx, Beretta barrel, BM59/Garand stock, thing rocks!!!

https://www.classicfirearms.com/bm-59-m1-garand-e-model-semi-auto-rifle-308-caliber

dsc_1318.png

So im looking for a 308 semi. All i see is a ptr or m1a. What other options are there in ma.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I built an AR10 from Palmetto for $800. It shoots better than I can shoot it. Exact same functionality as the AR15/M16 family. Just bigger magazines and a little more kick to it, about the same as my M1A. The two rifles weighed within a couple oz of each other, but I like the balance of the AR with the weight closer to my body vs the M1A with the weight further out.

Back
Top Bottom