• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a 1911 tactical leg holster

What role will it serve? Will you run a light and if so which one? Full nylon or hard holster? What level retention?

I run a Safariland ALS holster though mine is not a thigh rig. In my experience I found that a thigh rig adds a lot of weight to the leg and adds fatigue the longer it is worn. Maybe 20 minutes here and there is not so bad but hours on end tends to suck. That and a lot of people mistake thigh rig for a knee rig.

When I was actually running a thigh rig I would run it up as high as possible with only 1 leg strap. I also wore it on an independent belt so I could easily remove it if need be without having to take my pant belt off.

Now I run my ALS on an ATS Warbelt setup with a drop duty platform.
warbelt13.jpg

This works very well for me but may not work for others. Even wearing my armor I can still get to everything needed even when seated in a vehicle. The ALS is a pretty damn quick holster too with positive retention

Back
Top Bottom