Looking for 9mm PCC input

Miater

NES Member
I am looking into buying a 9mm PCC. I was looking for others opinions on some they may have shot. Currently I am looking at a CX4 Storm and a PC9 with the Magpul stock but I am interested in any option. I am trying to spend around $600-650.

I recently picked up in a package deal a Hi-Point 9mm carbine fitted with an ATI stock. I never really had any interest in PCC but this thing fell into my lap and I actually really enjoy shooting it. It isn't the easiest thing to takedown and clean but it seems like it's the kind of gun that doesn't really need cleaning very often. I've put several hundred rounds through it already without a hiccup. Pretty neat little carbine and the ATI stock makes it feel very different than with it's factory stock.

Alternate answer: Ruger PC9 everyone is raving about. I haven't shot one.

PC9-

"Takedown" design makes it modular. Modular means not limited to 9mm. I think theres a .40 version out, I can see .45 being an option down the line.
Would be the same as switching uppers on those scary extra-killy belt fed AR16's with 62 rd magazine ghost clips.

Interchangeable magwell allows for different mag manufacturers. I think on the ruger site, theres additional mag wells for whatevers out there, and maybe even "forward" assemblies. Haven't looked since I bought one.

A lot of the companies that make 10/22's into raceguns are already in the process of, or currently supply, aftermarket stuff for it, if thats the route you want to go.

Should come in well under the 600 mark your looking for.

Looks like you are in MA. I went with the Storm mostly because I do not own any Glocks, but did have some preban 92 magazines. I like the Storm very much, I did send it to SierraPapa for their trigger and recoil guide rod/buffer. It was ok before but much better after. I also grabed some spare parts as some of them feel rather flimsy and while I have not heard of people breaking them, I could see myself breaking one or two of the parts like the bolt release lever.

If I already had Glock mags, I would go a route that allowed me to use those.

Haven't researched a ton but I'm still in the market for a PC9. I have plenty of mags from my Glock and SR9 already. They can be had as low as 450 for the original rifle stock style every since the m-lock handguard model and ar stock model came out. My issue is most of the reviews give bad accuracy results, ( I know it's not a rifle and not made for 200 yards). All the reviews used standard 115g ball ammo. I don't know what the gun was set up for, what the rifling is? Would be interesting to see accuracy with 124g nato loads. Either way, if you can hit a paper plate at 75 yards with a pistol caliber takedown then I guess it will suffice.

I am looking into buying a 9mm PCC. I was looking for others opinions on some they may have shot. Currently I am looking at a CX4 Storm and a PC9 with the Magpul stock but I am interested in any option. I am trying to spend around $600-650.
Of those 2 I'd pick the PC9

I have a Colt and Sig MPX and enjoy plinking at the range. I’ve heard good things about the Storm. There was (maybe still is) in the WTS-Rifles section.

Too bad we can't get these in MA, but a Grand Stribog would be perfect and in that price range. But 1) I believe they only offer pistol configurations, and 2) there are no preban mags.

I think I agree with Andrew1220 of taking the Ruger of those two, but I'd be more inclined to try to building something before even doing that.

I really enjoyed shooting the MPX. If I didn't already have a sub2000 (don't recommend to the OP because it requires upgrades IMO) and shot PCC often, I'd totally buy a MPX. Can't justify it at the moment though.

I think the Colt and MPX are both out of OP's price range though. I would have otherwise suggested an MP5 clone. I recall at one point Gartman Arms had a carbine length Zenith there, but over a grand more than what OP is budgeting.

That being said, you bring up a good point: What is OP going to do with it? Just range plinking? Range and PDW? PCC comp?

I really enjoyed shooting the MPX. If I didn't already have a sub2000 (don't recommend to the OP because it requires upgrades IMO) and shot PCC often, I'd totally buy a MPX. Can't justify it at the moment though.

I hear you. I’m on the fence about it too, but then I take it to the range and I’m reminded how easy it is to shoot. So I rationalize keeping, begin to rationalize some sort of optic for it (I’ve never been able to get to the end though...), and then I‘m invariably asked to sleep on the couch.

Haven't researched a ton but I'm still in the market for a PC9. I have plenty of mags from my Glock and SR9 already. They can be had as low as 450 for the original rifle stock style every since the m-lock handguard model and ar stock model came out. My issue is most of the reviews give bad accuracy results, ( I know it's not a rifle and not made for 200 yards). All the reviews used standard 115g ball ammo. I don't know what the gun was set up for, what the rifling is? Would be interesting to see accuracy with 124g nato loads. Either way, if you can hit a paper plate at 75 yards with a pistol caliber takedown then I guess it will suffice.

I've got a CT legal PC9; bought it when it came out. I'm running 124 grn Xtreme or Berry plated over 4.0 grains of Titegroup and it's accurate enough for the playing I do with it. I've gone to 100 yards with it without issue.

Really like the look of the newer mlock/ar model they came out with - but Connecticut.

I've given up on 9mm carbines. If I want to do target shooting with a pistol caliber carbine, I use .357 lever action or m1 carbine.
The Ruger PC9 I had was not 100% reliable feeding. Might have needed breaking in, but I didn't have the patience to find out.

You can pick up a Glock based complete carbine or pistol style carbine for under $500 at Palmetto State Armory.

I've got a PSA 9mm AR-style carbine. Had a little trouble with the first 100 rounds or so, failures to feed, failures to eject. Although to be fair - that may be due to ammo. I reload, and that was an earlier load using Hodgdon Universal. I've since switched to TiteGroup. I ran it at a night match a month or two ago, and it ran flawlessly.

It appears that the Storm is more of a standard carbine. On the other hand, the PC9 seems to be much more customizable, takes Glock magazines and breaks down for carry in a pack. After market companies seem to circle their wagons around Ruger products extensively. Look at all that's available for the Ruger 10/22.

i think you'll fair better with a pc9

The MLok is easier to get accessories for and locks them on better. KeyMod loosens up and because of how they attach can come off with backwards pressure

I read the same and built my 300BLK and .308 with M-Lok. Don’t know how accurate that is, but I’ve been able to find everything I need.

I read the same and built my 300BLK and .308 with M-Lok. Don’t know how accurate that is, but I’ve been able to find everything I need.
My PCC is KeyMod. It’s true. I need to remember to tighten everything before I shoot

Back
Top Bottom