LOOKING FOR .45 ACP and 9MM self defense PLEASE DELETE

Congrats on going green!

With that said, peruse the classifieds under ‘firearms accessories’ and perhaps look at the TargetSports thread for updates on available ammo (it sells out in mere minutes and you basically need a membership there as well now). It’s all expensive and in very limited to non-existent quantities almost everywhere as of late.

Congrats on going green!

With that said, peruse the classifieds under ‘firearms accessories’ and perhaps look at the TargetSports thread for updates on available ammo (it sells out in mere minutes and you basically need a membership there as well now). It’s all expensive and in very limited to non-existent quantities almost everywhere as of late.
Thank you sir, and I’ve tired but .45 is few and far in between that’s why I figured I would post in ammunition? Any other updates or tips please let me know 👍🏻

Target Sports will probably post 9mm fed HST’s and gold dots Monday morning. The self defense ammo stays up longer (Usually around 30m to an hour or so). Are you a TS prime member?

This is usually where someone chimes in with "Learn to reload", but thats kind of pointless, because components are just as scarce as ammo right now.
Good luck.
All of the primers are going toward ammo production - probably better chance of getting commercial ammo than getting into reloading right now.
However if anyone has the inside scoop on 5k of SPP I'd be happy to hear about it.

My friend is only low (re: one box 9mm SD ammo) but everything else is gtg. He only has one 9mm pistol and it is for bear.

Looking for range/ bulk .45 ACP and self defense 9mm. Just paid to go green, excited to be a member 👍🏻
If you’re along the northshore I’m pretty sure Northeast Arms on Route 1 in Peabody had Federal HSTs in stock on Friday when I was there. 50 round boxes. Give the shop a call to confirm.

All of the primers are going toward ammo production - probably better chance of getting commercial ammo than getting into reloading right now.
However if anyone has the inside scoop on 5k of SPP I'd be happy to hear about it.
I’ve been pretty damn lucky scoring small pistol primers lately. If I’m able to score another case of primers, are you interested in driving to Gloucester to pick them up (selling at cost)? I know you’re prob 1-2 hours away but just thought I’d ask. I already hooked up MarkT with a case and I have another case coming this week for a friend who’s new to reloading.

My friend was able to get a case of 45acp order in at not to crazy price.
TIP to the OP stop thinking 100s and go for 1000s if you can.

If you are down my way, you can roll your own and test-fire onsite. PM me for details.
FWIW, a local (local to me, of course) shop has ammo in stock at favorable prices. I thought there was some .45 Auto on the shelf yesterday, not certain. Definitely .45 GAP, .22-250 Remington, 7.62x38R, .38 Special and plenty of shot shell.
Keep searching, good luck!

Sorry, no .45 Auto in the shop at this time (he says it's on order; who knows when it will arrive).

Last edited:
Ahhh, like .40 S&W in a 10mm; makes sense I suppose, but those SPP are rarer than .45 Auto ammo, aren't they (if you intended to reload this stuff)?

Can't win today.

FWIW, with limited testing (firing into water-filled one gallon plastic milk jugs), I've had pretty good results with the Berry's Hybrid Hollow Points.
They seem to expand as advertised in 9mm, 10mm and 45 Auto. Pictured is a 185 grain HHP from my Ruger P97.
If any of you can find these bullets in stock, bring them down and I'll instruct you on how to reload them. You can live-fire onsite, so bring your pistol.

Attachments

• Berry'sHHP.jpg
    Berry'sHHP.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 3
I’ve been pretty damn lucky scoring small pistol primers lately. If I’m able to score another case of primers, are you interested in driving to Gloucester to pick them up (selling at cost)? I know you’re prob 1-2 hours away but just thought I’d ask. I already hooked up MarkT with a case and I have another case coming this week for a friend who’s new to reloading.
Bro. I am convinced you are connected to some sort of primer mafia.

Are primers the new coke?

[laugh] No I think I’m just lucky enough to get the notifications and jump on them ASAP before they sell out. Working from home has certainly helped lol.
One of my friends finally got off his "ohh no s the gov will see what im buy" bs. Was begging me for primers and bullets. i offered him 500 of each at inflated prices. Told him to go on all the vendors and get on notification lists. he scored primers and powder 2 days later.

Bro. I am convinced you are connected to some sort of primer mafia.

Are primers the new coke?
Well, on most machines you DO put the primers into a thing that looks like a metal straw, so for gun enthusiasts loading a primer tube is as close as we'll ever get to a cocaine analog.... [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom