• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for 24 guys with 1K to buy a range

But the corporation can still be sued. How would that work?

Let the corp go bankrupt and create a new Corp that buys the bankrupt corp?

Or lose the land?
With a Corp you're risking losing the land. Put your name on the deed and you're risking everything YOU own.

With a Corp you're risking losing the land. Put your name on the deed and you're risking everything YOU own.
So I ask you. If I was your client and wanted to sue such a corp for a personal injury, and you knew all the corp had was 24K in land, and an insurance company offer 6K for you to go away, what would you advice?

Something tells me that neighbor is accustomed to gunfire... but might have some quirks.View attachment 364854

He has at least two kids and they aren't too old as this seems to be a newer trend. Them there be pregnant body casts so mommy can remember the beauty of her pregnancy. [laugh]

Last edited:
Beat me to it.

It's the use of a corporation that offers protection, so the corp would "own" the property and appear on the lease. And if it was a realty trust (I'm not sure this offers protection), the name would only appear on documents held by a lawyer and thus much harder to discover who actually owns the property. All the public information would just say X Realty Trust.
Easy to follow the trail.

Its just kindof a pipe dream...There probably are right ofways and easments...So you need title insurance, A competent attorney that specializes in it, opinion letters then you got to deal with no trespassing orders and the inevitable lawsuits...
Let’s see you get the people to put in $1000 apiece is ever when you get a commit to splitting everything equally because that’s just not an ideal piece of land for the proposed project

Its just kindof a pipe dream...There probably are right ofways and easments...So you need title insurance, A competent attorney that specializes in it, opinion letters then you got to deal with no trespassing orders and the inevitable lawsuits...
Let’s see you get the people to put in $1000 apiece is ever when you get a commit to splitting everything equally because that’s just not an ideal piece of land for the proposed project
To assume that these exist is just as bad as to act as if they don't. Figuring this out is just part of the process.

And I think the suitability of that particular lot has been brought up and the discussion is more on the general idea, even if situations involving that lot are mentioned, it's more about the discussion and learning the potential pitfalls.

So what we end up with is a list of concerns that would need to be considered IF....

i'm rooting for you op, but this is gonna be as tough as trying to get people to commit to a group buy. "i'm interested" is not a commitment as many members here have found out trying to get a buy going. show me da money!

Im no so much assuming a ROW exists. But it has to be researched...And even if it’s not deeded their are legal pathways to a ROW.

i also didnt mention youll likely have to research and possibly pay for studies of endangered species...

our guys just did “phase one” of our endangered species studies.... its like a three year process in our case.

wednesday we have an assessor coming out to evaluate the value of our ROW and easments... our title insurance want to pay us out, but is rather them be forced to half ass represent us for the rest of our lives or i want the full value of the policy ($125k)

it just dont want anyone to think for $1000 their getting more then they really are...
the fact is somones going to be spending 10-20k a month for over a year to make a project a real thing...

then even when your right... “guns”...youll be fighting that court too.

only legit way i see for a group of people to do what the OP suggest is to buy a mich larger parcel.

Hell im in, but id form another LLC to own my stake of the land...just from a liability stand point youd have to be high to get personally involved... and if the group froms a trust or LLC that a whole other issue in itself

Last edited:
Im no so much assuming a ROW exists. But it has to be researched...And even if it’s not deeded their are legal pathways to a ROW.

i also didnt mention youll likely have to research and possibly pay for studies of endangered species...

our guys just did “phase one” of our endangered species studies.... its like a three year process in our case.

wednesday we have an assessor coming out to evaluate the value of our ROW and easments... our title insurance want to pay us out, but is rather them be forced to half ass represent us for the rest of our lives or i want the full value of the policy ($125k)

it just dont want anyone to think for $1000 their getting more then they really are...
the fact is somones going to be spending 10-20k a month for over a year to make a project a real thing...

then even when your right... “guns”...youll be fighting that court too.

only legit way i see for a group of people to do what the OP suggest is to buy a mich larger parcel.
Not sure if you are referring to the piece of land I have, but there is no ROW. It has frontage on a town road, albeit, a closed town road. It is fully surveyed, something that if you have to pay for, can run in the 10s of thousands. There are NO easements on it, and I had a Title Search, Title Insurance and a Warrantee Deed issued, as you should always do on a land purchase. Shooting on it????? THIS IS NH! You want to build a full on official shooting range on it? Yeah, it would be complicated. The parcel is basically a 12.55 acre, surveyed woodlot/ recreational parcel. No utilities and has I have repeatedly stated, not currently buildable. I really don't give a shit if I sell it or not, $16 taxes, and a place I can hunt/shoot/camp/ride/cut wood, and if I feel like it, tell everyone to keep the F off of it.

Not sure if you are referring to the piece of land I have, but there is no ROW. It has frontage on a town road, albeit, a closed town road. It is fully surveyed, something that if you have to pay for, can run in the 10s of thousands. There are NO easements on it, and I had a Title Search, Title Insurance and a Warrantee Deed issued, as you should always do on a land purchase. Shooting on it????? THIS IS NH! You want to build a full on official shooting range on it? Yeah, it would be complicated. The parcel is basically a 12.55 acre, surveyed woodlot/ recreational parcel. No utilities and has I have repeatedly stated, not currently buildable. I really don't give a shit if I sell it or not, $16 taxes, and a place I can hunt/shoot/camp/ride/cut wood, and if I feel like it, tell everyone to keep the F off of it.

I wasn’t Specifically addressing you,I find your post interesting. Where I’m located you need over 30 acres to establish a public range. Which all my neighbors were convinced that is what I was doing from the get-go. I only bought my land to enjoy and maybe build on. All I wanted was a cabin and a jeep trail.. but i guess you can just live... in MA its a million dollar project or nothing i guess.

i just doubt most people understand what’s involved with somthing as basic as buy land and do something.... there is no “right” way to go about it.... especially of youronly “$1000” invesTed in it with 24? Partners...

maybe if you get the right people, but the more people the more complicated...

If everyone kicked in another thousand so that the group could ALSO buy Lot #81, that solves all your access problems.
Yup, this would interest me. Is Lot 81 even on the market? I seem to be google-challenged. Hell, I can't find ANY of these lots on the world wide web.
...once you're in, you're in. No selling your portion. Upon your death, your interest in the land is transferred to the surviving members. Once you get down to the last guy, it's his to do as he chooses.
This rings a bell. I recall reading about this type of real estate partnership from a time long, long ago in a country far, far away. I thought it would be fun to watch those last two survivors.

So did MGnoob kill this thread or did you guys put together a partnership and put this plan into action?

Mr. Buzzkill threw a wet blanket on the project. I am still open to the idea.
I hate to kick dirt on the wet towel but this has been attempted several times in different presentations and failed . Everybody wants it five minutes from their house, only when they retire, its too much money, they have to be in charge or they just come up with reasons why it wont work. Good luck if you can get it off the ground.

Wait a minute, I thought this was a done deal. I already sent my check to the OP...

Finding 24 guys, each to toss in $1,000.00, and agree to something (anything)...a bit like herding cats, no? :rolleyes:

I live a few miles away and wanted to go check it out but honestly, looks like a pain in the ass to access per the aerial pictures.

having 24 equal ownership partners will never work. only way to pull something like this off is if it's more like a kickstarter and people are just investing in the idea with the future promise of access but no control over the project.

Back
Top Bottom