• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for 24 guys with 1K to buy a range

I think you are not looking at the right piece if land.

View attachment 364812
Nope, he had it right, as did I when I posed the pic from the gis site https://www.axisgis.com/DeerfieldNH/
If you look at the gis map, or my post, everything green is wetlands. The site will also let you show conservation land. As for the roads, I got that info from google maps and the current owner.

I still think it's a good spot if you're ok with the access issue. For me, like I said, getting too old for that. I need a road. I suppose the road coming down from the north could be extended. Up from the south probably not given the wetland. And it would be a rural road at best, I don't see the town maintaining it. I wonder what it costs to build a road.

Nope, he had it right, as did I when I posed the pic from the gis site https://www.axisgis.com/DeerfieldNH/
If you look at the gis map, or my post, everything green is wetlands. The site will also let you show conservation land. As for the roads, I got that info from google maps and the current owner.

I still think it's a good spot if you're ok with the access issue. For me, like I said, getting too old for that. I need a road. I suppose the road coming down from the north could be extended. Up from the south probably not given the wetland. And it would be a rural road at best, I don't see the town maintaining it. I wonder what it costs to build a road.
I was looking at post #10 which has a satellite pic and found it on the map. That satellite pic seems to be wrong.

Also when clicking on the "map" view, it is wrong.

That website linked on post #10 seems to be a sh*t show.

Would have been easier if the OP actually provided information rather than ask who ants to throw money at some land somewhere and have other people guess the land. Sounds like a good start. Lol

how would you gaurentee my access to the land as a part owner? Who'se name will be on the deed, and what's stopping someone from selling it out from under us?

I was looking at post #10 which has a satellite pic and found it on the map. That satellite pic seems to be wrong.

Also when clicking on the "map" view, it is wrong.

That website linked on post #10 seems to be a sh*t show.

Would have been easier if the OP actually provided information rather than ask who ants to throw money at some land somewhere and have other people guess the land. Sounds like a good start. Lol
The owners original post had the lot number and town, that's all you need to find a property on gis

But ya, that pic in post 10 is wrong. It's lot 54 and the one for sale is 52, just off the pic to the bottom.

This is a great idea, and I’m very interested, but not in this particular land (too small, and access issues). If someone were to find a lot at least triple the size, with easy drive up access, where a clubhouse of some sort could be built with restroom facilities, etc. I’d be in for a decent bit more money if the plan was thought out properly.

This is a great idea, and I’m very interested, but not in this particular land (too small, and access issues). If someone were to find a lot at least triple the size, with easy drive up access, where a clubhouse of some sort could be built with restroom facilities, etc. I’d be in for a decent bit more money if the plan was thought out properly.

This would be a better idea if it was upscaled and involved like 50-100 people not 24 guys, you could form a new gun club out of it somewhere. Even if you did 25-300 yards worth of
ranges, you'd get some people. Even better if you could build one that would stretch to 600.

-Mike

You'd need around $100k-200k but you'd be able to buy 50-200 acres way up north and could establish a legit training center, not just a gun club.

Yeah but if you go full retard with that idea then it becomes inaccessible. NH already has like two of those, people want a place to shoot not just a for-profit training
center.

This sounds like a fun idea until someone brings along a friend who accidentally loses a hand doing something dumb and then has his parents sue the “gun club” formed by the group and bankrupt all of them. Or someone stumbles on to the property while it’s being actively used. Or the city / EPA go after the owners for lead contamination. Or you get one neighbor who uses that land as his retreat spot and makes it his life mission to make things difficult for noise makers.

still hope you guys pull it off, but already it goes from 25 guys and a place to shoot to a gun club and lawyers and liability and laws and insurance and all the things that that caused the fudd club you want to leave to become the fudd club in the first place. unless you're on the front lines of club business, it becomes an eye popping education.

This sounds like a fun idea until someone brings along a friend who accidentally loses a hand doing something dumb and then has his parents sue the “gun club” formed by the group and bankrupt all of them. Or someone stumbles on to the property while it’s being actively used. Or the city / EPA go after the owners for lead contamination. Or you get one neighbor who uses that land as his retreat spot and makes it his life mission to make things difficult for noise makers.
I agree with this, but I would stop at "gun club".

If this was closer to the MA border, I would be IN. I could write a check tonight. But as soon as someone mentions "gun club", I would most likely pull out.

The moment people want to make it formal, that is when it starts s*cking. People will want to have all sorts of rules, you might need to invite big brother in order to get permits, being near wetlands who knows what sort of hoops they will make you jump through and probably 100 other things will come up.

I dont think it is worth it, unless there is some sort of automatic protection as a new gun club that is worth the headache.

You need to keep it at 10 people max, and those 10 meed to be responsible people.

So, Debbie downer, you're not in?

Since I started this let me throw in a few of my thoughts. First of all, no development. It would remain permanently as an open range only, no clubhouse. Also, once you're in, you're in. No selling your portion. Upon your death, your interest in the land is transferred to the surviving members. Once you get down to the last guy, it's his to do as he chooses. I have more ideas but this will do for now.

I agree with this, but I would stop at "gun club".

If this was closer to the MA border, I would be IN. I could write a check tonight. But as soon as someone mentions "gun club", I would most likely pull out.

The moment people want to make it formal, that is when it starts s*cking. People will want to have all sorts of rules, you might need to invite big brother in order to get permits, being near wetlands who knows what sort of hoops they will make you jump through and probably 100 other things will come up.

I dont think it is worth it, unless there is some sort of automatic protection as a new gun club that is worth the headache.

You need to keep it at 10 people max, and those 10 meed to be responsible people.
It doesn't need to be officially a gun club, could just be shared piece of land. You would need an LLC to be formed and have the LLC buy the land. The LLC would have to be written to protect individuals from actions or liabilities of other members. You would also need bylaws to spell out how a member gets out or how new members get in.

So, Debbie downer, you're not in?
In all honesty I’d love something like this, and have thought about grabbing a piece of land to camp, shoot, and play around on numerous times before.

Once you start adding this many owners and people utilizing the land though, it goes from a fun little retreat to a business, with conflicts that need to be worked out between co-owners, insurance / liability, etc. I could see this working with 4-5 close friends, but 20+ interwebs strangers seems like asking for trouble.

That said, nothing would make me happier than to eat my words on this and see it work out.

If it happens im in but we’d need a trust and insurance...(liability and title insurance)

and a stick understanding that is a “co-owner” violates the wetlands without the consent of every member, they bear 100% liability of the repairs/expensive and are open to lawsuits from ever other member.

i feel like most of you have no clue what your getting into... that $1000 stake could cost you $1,000,000+ in liability, never mind 24 coowners,family,friends, and all the trespassers... youll be allowed to shoot for about 30 days before that gets shut down.... .. hunting would be a joke... and their would have to be 0 improvements made to the property

If it happens im in but we’d need a trust and insurance...(liability and title insurance)

and a stick understanding that is a “co-owner” violates the wetlands without the consent of every member, they bear 100% liability of the repairs/expensive and are open to lawsuits from ever other member.

i feel like most of you have no clue what your getting into... that $1000 stake could cost you $1,000,000+ in liability, never mind 24 coowners,family,friends, and all the trespassers... youll be allowed to shoot for about 30 days before that gets shut down.... .. hunting would be a joke... and their would have to be 0 improvements made to the property
Getting awfully complicated awfully fast. Does the $1000 include the fee to have the lawyer draft up the agreement and bylaws? What happened when not all 24 members agree on how to split usage time, or someone doesn’t clean up their trash, or when trespassers show up and destroy the stands for fun and they need rebuilding?

I was trying to post a video of $120,000 wetland repair for a little over an acre. There’s no way 24 people are going to manage to not go out there and do something f***ing stupid. Never mind usage. After surveys and lawyers and all the bullshit you’re looking at a quarter million dollars for your thousand dollar investment

Never mind the years in court over lawsuits And All kinda of bullshit

I’m not trying to be negative, I got my 64 acres cheap with only my brother is a partner and it’s a complete nightmare

This sounds like the same idea perhaps these two groups should talk.

Back
Top Bottom