Looking for 12 gauge pump action shotgun in Central MA

I think 'scalping' should make a comeback...
or, the ear thing...
1600131352816.png1600131588363.png

So...shotguns....

I have a couple of 870's, one Magnum for hunting, one express for home defense. Reliable AF
I also have 2 Hawk model 982's I bought for the kids to f*ck with in the woods, because they were cheap...always feed and fire.
Maverick 88...has always fired
Mossberg 500...which the 88 is based on...has always fed and fired
1187 if you want fastah fire. I can't promise it's reliable, because I have fewer than 200 rounds through it
A couple of side by sides, and an over-under or 2 as well.

Shotguns have their place. It's a place I like.

The long and short is....most any name-brand shotgun is gonna getcha where you need to be.

I also have 2 Hawk model 982's
I have one that looked like Magpul puked on it. Very dependable...
Used it in a Tactical Shotgun Course.
Only think I don't like is the front sight post. That thing is like a can opener, and shreds gun cases with reckless abandon...

Looks like this:

1600131851398.png

Last edited:
The next 870 or mossberg 500/590 I see in a store I'm buying. Also looking for an over under 20ga, but those still look available...for now

The next 870 or mossberg 500/590 I see in a store I'm buying. Also looking for an over under 20ga, but those still look available...for now
The first Rule of Prepping is buy the 20ga if you see one you want. "Still Look Available" can change in the blink of an eye...

PS 20 gauge is an excellent platform, and nearly as versatile as 12ga.

The first Rule of Prepping is buy the 20ga if you see one you want. "Still Look Available" can change in the blink of an eye...

PS 20 gauge is an excellent platform, and nearly as versatile as 12ga.

Just have to get to the store.

I played with both this weekend

20200912_111958.jpg

A buddy of mine just bought a house and is finally looking to expand into the wonderful world of long guns. Specifically, he’s looking for a 12 gauge pump action shotgun with no pistol grip. Said he’d prefer a Mossberg 500, but would be agreeable to a Maverick 88 or Remington 870. Does anyone have a line on this type of shotgun around Central MA? Cursory searches have yielded nothing so far.
OP, Let us know how your friend makes out, and what he went with...

I don't care for pistol grips either. My frame geometry is not conducive to it.

1600133520080.png

Dude with 18.5" pumps going for $800-$1000 on GB you can bet your ass all the trash can shotguns were gone by the end of March, maybe April, tops. Shops and flippers have bought anything
cheap and are rolling and double/tripling their money or more.

found some on GB for $500 but he’s looking to just walk into a store and buy one.

I know not central MA but Northeast Arms in Peabody had a Mossberg 935 a little over a week ago. He might have other shotguns available? Might be worth calling the shop.

Are we really at the point where a 12 g moss/ mav/ or 870 is rare?

not being sarcastic here.. I am genuinely horrified that we could be at this stage. I really have been avoiding gun stores lately so, I really do not know.
Yes. Anything under 20".

Used Fudd guns can be mighty handy for social occasions. I believe this old girl is 110 years old Not a fan of the new tacticool stuff, but a pipe cutter makes quick work of sporting barrels. As a plus, you don’t need plate carriers and LARPing gear.
8AC265C7-20D4-4F9F-BEF6-2C0FF2428A00.jpeg

found some on GB for $500 but he’s looking to just walk into a store and buy one.

WTF???

I have an 8 shot mossy Maverick I bought for 180. Its even set up
with an adapter to shoot short shells and holds 14 of those. Plus 10 in the buttstock holder.

First 1k offer gets the whole thing... ill even throw in the shells.

A buddy of mine just bought a house and is finally looking to expand into the wonderful world of long guns. Specifically, he’s looking for a 12 gauge pump action shotgun with no pistol grip. Said he’d prefer a Mossberg 500, but would be agreeable to a Maverick 88 or Remington 870. Does anyone have a line on this type of shotgun around Central MA? Cursory searches have yielded nothing so far.
Buy in NH. No registrstion. Less MA knows about what he owns, the better. My pick would be Remington 870 tactical 12 gauge with ghost ring rifle sights.

Buy in NH. No registrstion. Less MA knows about what he owns, the better. My pick would be Remington 870 tactical 12 gauge with ghost ring rifle sights.
Well, no registration if you don’t want to follow MA laws. If you do, it needs to be registered within 7 days of bringing back to MA. That’s up for him to decide.

I have an old Mossberg 500, rattles like a paint can but always works. Looks like it's seen time in the wasteland, smells a bit like cheese and sorrow. I'll trade you the mossy and a half box of 00 buck for a good condition Harley Davidson.

Back
Top Bottom