• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for 12 gauge pump action shotgun in Central MA

GeorgeMason

NES Member
A buddy of mine just bought a house and is finally looking to expand into the wonderful world of long guns. Specifically, he’s looking for a 12 gauge pump action shotgun with no pistol grip. Said he’d prefer a Mossberg 500, but would be agreeable to a Maverick 88 or Remington 870. Does anyone have a line on this type of shotgun around Central MA? Cursory searches have yielded nothing so far.

Don't forget New Hampshire. Mossy 500 is good-to-go for bringing back to Mass, and he can spend his Tax savings on shells...

Shooters Outpost in Hooksett had quite a few 12ga pumps yesterday...

First Defense in Uxbridge. Great store ran by great people.
Mikes Gun shop in Northbridge
Bobs gun and archery shop Webster. Bob is a first class guy, usually a good selection.

Are we really at the point where a 12 g moss/ mav/ or 870 is rare?

not being sarcastic here.. I am genuinely horrified that we could be at this stage. I really have been avoiding gun stores lately so, I really do not know.

not being sarcastic here.. I am genuinely horrified that we could be at this stage. I really have been avoiding gun stores lately so, I really do not know.

FUDD 12 gauges are probably not rare and prices are probably near normal.

Odds are short barreled home defense 8 shot pumps and tactical stuff are maybe.

But like you Im avoiding gun shops.

For the most part yes. A close friend owns a shop and is having trouble getting anything except hunting rifles and high end sporting shotguns.

Hell I’ve been having a tough time finding 7 1/2 and 8 shot target shells for clays.

Buckshot and slugs are almost impossible to get now.

For the most part yes. A close friend owns a shop and is having trouble getting anything except hunting rifles and high end sporting shotguns.

Hell I’ve been having a tough time finding 7 1/2 and 8 shot target shells for clays.

Buckshot and slugs are almost impossible to get now.

wow.
shocked.

Yes... but there are 100s of thousands of pumps going back 100 years. Winchester, Ithaca, Remington, Sears, etc. hard to fathom they all dried up.

To give some perspective, Four Seasons used page has three Colt Pythons and really no 12 gauge pumps. They have ne 11-87 with a 28" barrel and a few other trap or skeet guns.

Um .. yep

On a related point, if you are searching for a pump 12g shotgun, don't be too quick to blow off and disregard the Steven's 320.

Yes, it got sold out to a China company but the design and shotgun are reliable and the function is smooth.

I have an 870 tactical and a Remington tac-14, and the Steven's 320 has been my go to 12g for dealing with ground predators ... at yee old homestead.

Only paid $200 plus a $50 discount for it = $150 ... about 7 +/- years ago

Last edited:
A buddy of mine just bought a house and is finally looking to expand into the wonderful world of long guns. Specifically, he’s looking for a 12 gauge pump action shotgun with no pistol grip. Said he’d prefer a Mossberg 500, but would be agreeable to a Maverick 88 or Remington 870. Does anyone have a line on this type of shotgun around Central MA? Cursory searches have yielded nothing so far.

Tell him unless he wants to pony up about $1000 on gunbroker he's about 3 months too late.

If he drops his stupidity about pistol grips and having a pump he'd have a shotgun by now, though. It's kind of hilarious. It's much easier to get semis right now than
pumps. MUCH easier.

Yes... but there are 100s of thousands of pumps going back 100 years. Winchester, Ithaca, Remington, Sears, etc. hard to fathom they all dried up.

Dude with 18.5" pumps going for $800-$1000 on GB you can bet your ass all the trash can shotguns were gone by the end of March, maybe April, tops. Shops and flippers have bought anything
cheap and are rolling and double/tripling their money or more.

I’m just referring to new, in stock items. Second hand market they are out there, but many are taking advantage of the current market and they aren’t cheap

Dude with 18.5" pumps going for $800-$1000 on GB you can bet your ass all the trash can shotguns were gone by the end of March, maybe April, tops. Shops and flippers have bought anything
cheap and are rolling and double/tripling their money or more.

I’m just stunned.

Back
Top Bottom